GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my car is still in teh shop :(

Default my car is still in teh shop :(

Its been over a month, I've given my body man some cash so I can't go and tow it elsewhere. This sucks. I miss my e34.

In other news, the '03 F150 I've been driving has been pretty wonderful. Its fast and smooth, but its not my car. It uses about 50% more gas than my car..but it has a cd player. Whats the easiest way to get an indash cd player for my car? I'm sick of the tape player.

Aftermarket head unit and adapters for the wiring and antena (best buy and the like have them). That way it can still be returned to stock. You can even get one that plays MP3. Sony's cdx 5700 is a good one and the red color matches the interior lighting well.
    Hope you get your car back soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in my opinion alpine head units are the only way to go for car audio...there engineering is geared twoards professional audio, not consumer audio...

put it this way

german cars are better than the rest because they are designed to go 150 mph, while american and other cars are designed to go 60-80mph...better parts, better function....alpine uses top grade components, and incorporates professional tuning into the interface...ie. individual speaker bass/treble cutoff, and gain. now if your not lookign for top quality sound and you only want function...go with whats on sale at best buy...you can always go back to stock. just make sure to tell the guys installing it to wire it directly to the bmw amp in the trunk for better sound and less problems...

Quote Originally Posted by chris_e34
    in my opinion alpine head units are the only way to go for car audio...there engineering is geared twoards professional audio, not consumer audio...

put it this way

german cars are better than the rest because they are designed to go 150 mph, while american and other cars are designed to go 60-80mph...better parts, better function....alpine uses top grade components, and incorporates professional tuning into the interface...ie. individual speaker bass/treble cutoff, and gain. now if your not lookign for top quality sound and you only want function...go with whats on sale at best buy...you can always go back to stock. just make sure to tell the guys installing it to wire it directly to the bmw amp in the trunk for better sound and less problems...

Glad you said that there at the bottom. I am a complete audio newb. I am about as far from an audiophile as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by misfortune
    Glad you said that there at the bottom. I am a complete audio newb. I am about as far from an audiophile as you can get.
    up for more suggestions

Default Stock Head Unit and

a 6 disc CD changer.

Match the right head unit to the right CD changer and it's all pre wired...just plug it in and mount it.
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg Bob; 07-11-2006 at 08:12 PM.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

I agree with you chris. I like Alpine, but also Pioneer. They are pretty much in the same league as far as the audio adjustments go. The deck I'm running now has individual equalizers for each speaker, as well as an overall equalizer for all 4 speakers. Time-Delay audio synchronizing (pretty cool), set up by using the included microphone to record when sound is heard to each rider in the car. By strapping onto the headrest, or placing near headrest on rear seats, the deck sychronizes/times the speaker outputs when listening to music. Basically, this allows for the specified listener, selectable between driver, front passengers, or all passengers, to enjoy a sound customized to their seating. Basically like sitting smack-dab in the middle of a movie theater, in every seat in the car by timing the sound from each speaker. Cool stuff! And it sounds magnificent.

However, depending on what deck is purchased, I would suggest bypassing the amp altogether. In my experience the amp died, and with one of the newer JVC decks I had, would only output audio from the radio, but at low levels. Thought the deck was bad, exchanged for Pioneer, worked for a few hours then same thing. But depending on the wattage output of the deck, which most now have a powerful internal amp, you can run the speaker wires straight to the deck itself, bypassing the amplifer. In my opinion, it provides 1 less opportunity of failure, bypassing the amp.
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Do you own an ipod? Cassette adapter + ipod is pretty sweet and easy.

Greg Mendoza

Yesterday I took out my fiancees Clarion DXZ955MC to try in my car. GAWD what a difference! That was BEFORE I switched on the 5.1 surround.

http://www.clarion.com/ca/en/product...753830959.html

Of course I didn't buy it for that much. It was only $298 on eBay. Touch screen too. It's elegant and blends nicely with the interior. The ONLY reason I won't steal it from her is that the face doesn't tilt

Reluctantly, I popped back in the JVC.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    a 6 disc CD changer.

Match the right head unit to the right CD changer and it's all pre wired...just plug it in and mount it.
    Could I get more info re this? I want a 6 disc cd changer...will just about any work with our cars?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast