GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Locked out of my Glovebox!

Default Locked out of my Glovebox!

Thanks to all who replied to my other questions, I guess I could attempt to decipher all the wires and make my own harness somehow (naturally if it works I'll offer it to others here as well).

One thing I forgot to ask earlier may seem a little humorous or trivial, but I appear to be locked out of my glove box. The key turns the lock cylinder, but no matter how much pulling and pushing I do while holding the handle upward, that door won't come open! The only thing in there supposedly is the owners manual, but I'd really like to get that open >:O

If I can't get the lock/latch to budge, is there a way I can take apart the hinge from the bottom or something to get that sucker open? Has anyone else run into being locked out of their boxes?

Not all keys fit to glovebox and trunk. Maybe you use the valet key. Read about keys in owners manual. As it might be in the glovebox, here is another one for download
    http://luuk.xs4all.nl/bmwboeken/bmwe34manual/

Update : Checking the manual that others have provided me online links to, I see that I do have the master key and the spare. Neither work, but I can turn the lock cylinder very easily with almost no resistance. The travel of the handle is only about 3/8 of an inch, maybe 1/2. The door won't budge at all. I tried grabbing the bottom of the door (which happens to go WAY back almost to the firewall) and wiggling it to aid in what I thought may have been a stuck latch. Tried wiggling small screwdrivers into the crack between the door and the dash, wiggling it into the lock... I'm out of ideas. I can't even see screws to get the door free at the hinge (can't see a hinge!).

Suggestions for further remedies?

the latch is most likely broken, theres a couple cheep pieces of metal set into a cheep piece of plastic with a couple roll pins, generally you gotta break the latch to get the box open to change the latch, the rear of the box where the hinge would be is held with a latch on each side, you pull it down and slide the box out, they clip onto a round bar
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it