GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: HELP! Won't Idle!

Default HELP! Won't Idle!

Hey fellas, i have a 91 535i. Its turbocharged and i recently blew the headgasket. after replace with an mls and head studs, after everything was back together, the car wont idle. With throttle it does fine, but at idle it wants to die very hard.

It isnt my mass air flow sensor, its plugged in, and i dont think there are any vacum leaks. all connectors are connected and i am out of solutions. Anyone have any idea whats happening to me?
    TCD Turbo (9 lbs), MLS headgasket and head studs (I’ve blown the headgasket 3 times), 18" M parallels (245 front-255 rear), 850i front rotors, 740i four piston calipers, Bavarian autosport springs

Idle control valve?

yeah, sounds like the ICV is either stuck shut from gunk in it, or didnt get reconnected to the wiring harness after the intake manifold was put back on.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Show us pictures of the car now please.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Ill get pics up when i get her running. But here is some interesting developments. It is not my idle control valve, we checked that. I smoked it to see of it was a vacuum leak, nothing. I changed the spark plugs, and it got a little better, but still not right. Then get this, we merely rotated the air intake 180 degrees and it ran 2-300 rpm better. But the problem persists? could this be a mere tuning problem? or is there some larger issue at work that i am unaware of?
    TCD Turbo (9 lbs), MLS headgasket and head studs (I’ve blown the headgasket 3 times), 18" M parallels (245 front-255 rear), 850i front rotors, 740i four piston calipers, Bavarian autosport springs

Crack in the intake boot maybe?