8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the 18" m-par reps

6 75.00%
  • Polished Style 5's on red a 535 ftmtw

2 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: another wheel poll

Default another wheel poll

Say you had a set of 18x8.5 m-par reps with ~65% tires. You got a pretty good deal on them. Then someone offers you a trade for a set of style 5's, refinished and polished to all hell, consequently in mint condition. What to do?
    Last edited by angrypancake; 07-15-2006 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Pancake

The choice should be made in the context of the overall look you are going for.

I love style 5s. (In fact I wish I had enough money that I could have four sets of wheels and change them on my car like shoes and style 5s would be one of the ones I would want.)

But style 5s are a very formal, dressy look. Think Jay's car. I didn't think that was the look you were going for with you color choice, etc. Besides, do you really want to be cleaning them with a tooth brush to keep them looking good?
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Touche, Gayle. However I do get out there with a toothbrush and clean my basketweaves, as well as the old man's wheels on his e39... "Nat, my back hurts..." pffff.

I too wish that I could swap wheels depending on my mood and destination. Style 5's for dinner dates, M Pars for cruises, a set of black/polished 19" Hartge Classics for weekend meets, and a set of Asanti wheels for show:

Anyways, when all is said and done, I don't really want to be going for total flash. Obviously with the kit/wing/wheels/headlights, the car stands out. However, I think style 5's would fit in. But then again the M Pars look so good.... Sounds like a job for photoshop to me

You're my hero.

I just typed a long message... then voted and it got erased!

Point is:

Refinished wheels could easily let you down once you hit a few holes and they bend like cheesecake!

My 540 wheels were redone, they looked impeccable, I could have sold them for a decent amount, but they were garbage. They kept leaking and bending more with every hole!

be careful

If you don't know their history, I would say no, you could end up with problems.
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

The Style 5 wheels are authentic, correct? If so I'd be inclined to do the swap away from the M-parallel replicas. If the M-parallels were authentic I'd be inclined to keep them. I hope that's not too bizarre.

Enjoy!

Fusion

p.s. - edit: It wasn't totally clear to me if the style 5's have been bent and straightened or just refinished. If they have been straightened then I'd stay away from them for sure, and stick with what you have (which look great on your car after all!)
    Last edited by nuclearfusion; 07-15-2006 at 10:03 PM.

I agree with gayle, the m-pars really work well with your car. A red car is more "fun" and "playful" and less classy and dressy and formal. Stick with the m-pars.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

You're my hero.

I really love the m-pars. If I had the money, that would be the wheel for me. I still like my Racing Dynamics though.

Greg Mendoza

Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake

I too wish that I could swap wheels depending on my mood and destination. Style 5's for dinner dates, M Pars for cruises, a set of black/polished 19" Hartge Classics for weekend meets, and a set of Asanti wheels for show:
    No style 42s?

Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Default Trade them for a set of bottle caps

I have some to trade

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast