GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Failed fixing my seat twist; problem with the glovebox; 19" Audi rims fit? & MORE

Default Failed fixing my seat twist; problem with the glovebox; 19" Audi rims fit? & MORE

Ugh, my first attempt at the seat twist fix has failed, I trimmed the sheath and the cable about 3/8" and put the metal crimp back on the end, reinserted it into the seat assembly, etc, it worked for a few seconds, and on the recline, once again ****'d up.... Not sure exactly what I did wrong, the end seems pretty square, one thing I noticed is the cable easily comes in and out of the sheath, so I made sure I had it pushed in as much as I could.

What should I try on my next attempt?

Also annoyed because the right-side chair latch doesn't snap on entirely, causes the seat bolts to be off center, real pain to get it back together... can I reattach the seat with the back not attached, snap it on after its done? I am thinking of dismantling and taking the seat bottom to my house where I can work on it more liesurely (i.e. air conditioned), the only thing is what can I use at home as a 12V test lead? Maybe I will get one of those jump packs.... will that work?

Alright, now for an easier problem:

When I open my glove box it falls out and dangles off those straps that hold it up, has it disengaged from something? What holds it up in the back?

2001 19" Audi rims, someone is offering me these... for free on top of everything, I just changed my suspension, and would like to slap these on for the summer, what are the maximum specs for wheels on this car?

Thanks Again

take the audi rims for free, sell them, and buy wheels that will fit your bimmer. on top of the fact that 19" wheels will shatter your teeth, they need to be 5x120, 72.56mm, with an et between ~11 and ~25....

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

part #6 holds them up in the back

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Two aligator like clips hold the back onto a metal bar. - for the glove box

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

When I fixed the seat twist a week ago, I noticed the cable will easily pull out of the sheath like you mention. Its possible that the cable isn't seated properly at the other end(where it connects to the gear mechanism at the back of the seat). Also, I was able to do this repair with the seat still in the car so it was easy to hook up and test it before replacing it. I had it leaned/propped up against the back seat. If you're able to work on the seat while its still able to be hooked up it'll be easier to debug the problem.

Hope that helps.
    '94 540I 6spd/205000 miles