GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a '95 525iT

Default Just bought a '95 525iT

Hi There,
    I just bought a 1995 525i Touring to be used as the main family car (we just had twins!). It's a vast improvement on the 2000 Renault Clio we had before, maybe a little scary at the petrol pumps.

Sorry about the night time pic, as I said I just bought it!

The car is an automatic with the dual sunroof and most of the options installed. The only things that need attention are a missing seat-belt buckle in the back, missing parcel shelf, some stone chips in the paint, a worn steering wheel, oh and an original 90s era BMW-GSM carphone that I'm not sure weather to buy a SIM card for and use, or take out. Any suggestions?

My new Beemers first words to me on the dash were: 'KühlWasserStand', hence the nick. I don't speak German but I've got a hunch she wants me to check her coolant level

Nice forum you have here, I'm sure I'll be back with more pictures soon.

Pete.

nice touring!

Default welcome

the touring is a fabulous design, at least in the e34 vintage.

once you come up for air, fill in your profile so we know where you live, etc. (UK?)

bruce

Nice one, welcome to the board, from one newcomer to another.

I didn't know Tourings came with parcel shelfs, then again I've never seen one in the flesh in Australia.

In my quick-to-access German->English translator, Kühlwasserstand means "Cooling water level", the tank on the side of the radiator would be dry for some reason.

Nice forum username by the way, once again welcome aboard.

Congratulations on the twins...anybody can buy a car It just so happens you have probably picked one of the best year/model for your circumstance.

Enjoy your family, twins are a blessing indeed. Your touring will keep them safe while on the road, the rest is up to you.

Boy/Girl?
    Boy/Boy?
    Girl/Girl?

Hope they're healthly and momma's fine!

Enjoy!
    Jr

Quote Originally Posted by KühlWasserStand

Comment #1: The only things that need attention are a missing seat-belt buckle in the back
    Comment #2: I don't speak German but I've got a hunch she wants me to check her coolant level

Pete.
    Congrats on the twins and the Touring.

You don't say which seatbelt buckle is missing ...but if it's the one in the middle...its probably fallen underneath the seat or inadvertantly got stuck below it when the bottom section was removed to possibly replace the battery. There's a little tray under the rear ctr armrest where it should be (usually folded and slightly tucked).

(the rear seat ctr seat belt and buckle)

There are 6 languages you can choose from...you can change the OBC & Check Control language by using the odometer reset button and CCD (check control display) button on the instrument cluster:

Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

Thats a sweet looking wagon you have there, good luck with it!

Well done! The 95 would be the only 525 of anything I would buy. When you chip it with the EAT chip, it will come alive.

Best kid carrier on the planet in my opinion.

welcome.

geoff

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

Thanks Q,
    That's great news! I'll try to change the language today, I thought I was going to have to get a new ROM chip some where.

The buckle thats missing is the left hand (drivers side) rear seat buckle that lies flush with the seat. I have the metal clip and a hole in the upholstry, but the plastic trim and release mechanism are missing. I can engage the seatbelt but it pops out if pressed slightly towards the passenger side. My father in law, who found the car and helped us buy it is going to take me to his favourate scrap yard sometime this week to find a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Qsilver7
    Congrats on the twins and the Touring.

You don't say which seatbelt buckle is missing ...but if it's the one in the middle...its probably fallen underneath the seat or inadvertantly got stuck below it when the bottom section was removed to possibly replace the battery. There's a little tray under the rear ctr armrest where it should be (usually folded and slightly tucked).

(the rear seat ctr seat belt and buckle)

There are 6 languages you can choose from...you can change the OBC & Check Control language by using the odometer reset button and CCD (check control display) button on the instrument cluster:

Quote Originally Posted by 530iTouring
    When you chip it with the EAT chip, it will come alive.
    Hi 530iT,
    Thanks

Tell me more; what's involved in the chipping? Do I need to fit a performance exhaust/air filter? Will it have a huge impact on fuel consumption? And does it cost a bomb?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast