GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fellow E34 Driver

Default Fellow E34 Driver

I was driving my son up north to spend the weekend camping with my sister and brother-in-law when I notice a red E34 coming up behind me on the freeway. What a great looking car and I probably spent more time watching my rear view mirror than looking forward. Anyway, he slows down as he drives by and has the same **** ass grin I know I have and friendly waves and thumbs ups are shared.

So if anyone here was driving a red E34 up HWY 41 out of Milwaukee....Nice car and wanted you to know my son's reaction...."You guys are wierd"
    94 E34 525i M50, Manual, 200,000 Miles
    02 E39 530i M54, Auto, 85,000 Miles

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEagleFan
    Anyway, he slows down as he drives by and has the same **** ass grin I know I have
    I'm hearing you brother. I can't get the grin off my face when I'm driving my car. At the OZ Terrigal meet recently I was in a line of E34s and it was sweet.
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

I have experienced somewhat similar moments like these -- one time an M5 had pulled up next to me at a set of lights, and since the windows were down due to the heat of the Aussie summer, I just said "Nice car mate" which was replied with "Cheers" and a big smile.

I've also had an E34 on opposing traffic beep at me -- unfortunately I'm usually not quick enough to beep back.

Its great when stuff like that happens... I had a guy in a current shape 735iL give me an appreciative nod last week at the traffic lights!!

Its great to see BMW appreciation is still alive and well

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

i just found a calypsorot 535 in my town, i saw him on the way home from work one day and we had some fun going over a mountain and through the twisties. now i see him a couple times a week. gotta tell him about here.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake
    i just found a calypsorot 535 in my town, i saw him on the way home from work one day and we had some fun going over a mountain and through the twisties. now i see him a couple times a week. gotta tell him about here.

rofl, nice
    The only other drivers (besides a few who are mostly on here) are old women who have no idea what they have and drive like ...yeah. you get the idea.
    Portlanders will understand.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

come to think of it theres an old lady with a green '93 525 down the street, she won't even look at me. there's a beat black 525 with horrible curbed and cracked style 5's, and then ohhhh there's a black/black m5, i can never catch the guy driving cause he always has it at WOT. he's a cop and drives like a madman. its so pretty though, he gets it detailed at least once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Saw a beautiful black M5 the other day. Absolutely pristine. I spent a little bit chasing her down the freeway

The fellow that lives across my parents home has a blue 535. I've been pestering him to sell it to me for the longest time. Two people... three cars. The others are a Benz of some sort and a Mazda6 wagon... so sell me that oldie e34!
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

When I first started driving a BMW over 20 years ago there were so few on the roads around here that any time another one went by there would usually be an exchange of a quick flip of the high beams or a wave.

Now they are such a common "fashion accessory" driven by designer label whores, who cares to acknowledge them?

Default I've noticed a few things in the last six months....

New 5 and 7 series drivers could care less...
    What's up with that. I think it is the "wierd" rear end thay drive around in.
    Older 3,5,7 series are very friendly...

Conclusion,

Wierd protrusion from your rear and you are stuck up????
    94 E34 525i M50, Manual, 200,000 Miles
    02 E39 530i M54, Auto, 85,000 Miles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast