GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scary $hit: Rhino Ramps Can Collapse ...

Default Scary $hit: Rhino Ramps Can Collapse ...

OMG, two sets I can't believe that. Holy ****! WTF am I gonna do now about my Rhino ramps? I have them because I'm ultra paranoid about getting under there. They were my security blanket (Linus). WTF!

from another forum, makes total sense to me:

Sorry, but the way they broke looks to me like you described what happened in the wrong order. It looks like you F'd up and drove over the edge of them, and then when your rocker panel slammed down on them it broke. I don't mean to be an *******(can't help it ) . But I've had a set for several yrs. that hold my 3600# car and my almost 6000# truck just fine. Of course I stop when I get to the top. Thousands and thousands of ppl use these ramps and your the first I've heard of with probs.
    If I'm wrong, I apologize, and it sucks for you either way, but jmho.

http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/ge...-pieces-4.html

Default Drove over the end of the ramp

and crushed it.

common beer chugging wrench turner mistake. Drive up too fast and over shoot the ramp.

at least with the plastic ramps break, the metal ones get stuck under the car.

Tip: one foot on the gas and one one the brake.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Old buddy doesn't say anywhere in the thread that he drove over the ramps? It's just the opinion/guess of one other guy, with no retort yet from original poster. What if air bubbles are a real concern? It's certainly not a chance that I'm gonna take.

Default Yeah, I guess I wouldn't

Trust a plastic ramp in the end.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

i think the weight of the guys car absolutely had to be off center (i.e. towards the edge of the ramp) for it to break like that. he must have driven it way to far (like, off the ramp), else if the weight of the car would have been dead center it would have shattered in the middle .... bubbles/pores in cross-section of break most likely normal. but, then again, i'm not a Structural/Materials EngiNerd

I've used mine in some pretty sketchy situations, which I know isnt wise. Still it was done. I jumped, pushed, and slammed down on the car with all my might every time. These things didnt budge. So mine, at least are great (knock on wood). If for some reason I suddenly quit posting, you may want to call someone to check on me though.....!
    Self proclaimed eBay Sleazeball

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    Trust a plastic ramp in the end.
    I would trust a plastic ramp if the weight rating was well over the weight of my vehicle...but cartainly not after they failed once. That guy must be a moron to get under a car on the same ramps that failed once already.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

....and to be honest with you, after having one to many "Becks", thus driving off the ramp, i'd rather have a ramp failure than a crushed rocker panel ..... but then again why would you drink beer while working on a car?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast