GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paint/body work needed -- any clue about price?

Default Paint/body work needed -- any clue about price?

Hi all, my 525i has a lot of "spots" in the front area, I guess due to rocks chipping in the paint or salt in winter. Here's a pic (don't mind the bugs splattered all over and the unwashed state)

http://www.jf3d.com/dots.jpg

Thing is, I've no idea what is involved to fix those spots. I don't know much about body work and paint so I was wondering if you have any idea how much fixing this would cost? And if you could give me a rundown of the process(es) involved that would be great, I'd love to know what's needed to restore my front to a clean state.

Thanks for your time!

This is a perfect time to do a narrow grill conversion!
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

i had the exact same problem and used it to get a narrow grille because its a lot of bodywork otherwise and well i wanted it. I got it all for $500 and that includes a the new hood and grille. The grille was used and the hood new.

Sand and repaint. You know... I was touching up the spots on the car today and thought MINE was bad... but I have a white car and now I know I'm lucky! Heh.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

your fog light is filled with water.... and what the hell is that rusty thing in the lower grill?
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

Ah-ha, sand and repaint. How much would that cost approx? I don't really want to do the narrow grill conversion because I prefer the wide grill on a five serires. IMO narrow grill looks best on an e30.

Heh I know about the wet foglights and the rusty bit. I'm slowly fixing everything...

Just buy touchup paint... $20.

Touch up paint sounds reasonable, thanks for the suggestion.

I had more dots than that on a silver car. But imagine this, the PO used the wrong color touch up paint with a shitty paintbrush and no levelling out the paint on.. ALL OF THE DOTS.

God damnit, so I hadthese big-ass freckles on my front end. I sanded and painted it black.
    Yeah I know, my picture is outdated.
    EuroLux:. Private Detail
    E34 1/'89 ///M20 2.5i: Lachsilber

Getting your car or parts of your car, does not come cheap, dont listen to the $300 paint job ads. I got my car repainted and body work included for $7,000, and that was because I was best friends with the guy who owned the place, It normally would have cost me $10,000. An overall ok paint job with bodywork cost around 4,000-6,000, just doesnt include as many coats and paint sanding. But for your hood, front fenders and front end, I would approximate around 2,500 to 3,000.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast