GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paint/body work needed -- any clue about price?

well frankly and im not just saying this, im not all that impressed with the paint job on your car. And to answer your question I dont have any personal expierence with painting, but I have several friends in the field, and they all have given the same response to what i previsiouly wrote.

I'm having mine painted shortly.
    They are replacing 3 doors that I bought, then sanding / repairing / correcting the whole car, primed, bumpers off, then urathane paint (brilliantrot) for $3800 CDN. I got quotes from $2000 to $5000, and to my surprise the best shop in the city quoted me $3800.

$10,000 to paint a daily driver is rediculous unless it's an old Porsche or something you want to make "as new".

Default Where in Canada? Toronto...hopefully?

Hi everyone,

$3,800 Canadian sounds about right for a decent job. Curious which shop you chose. I have a few in mind in the GTA for when I'm ready (427 Auto), but I think they're in the $5k range.

Thanks,

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mancini_mark
    Hi everyone,

$3,800 Canadian sounds about right for a decent job. Curious which shop you chose. I have a few in mind in the GTA for when I'm ready (427 Auto), but I think they're in the $5k range.

Thanks,

Mark
    I have not used these guys, but I've seen their shop and was very impressed at the quality of their work. They work on mostly pricey imports. They're at HWY 400 and Steeles:

http://www.hwy7.net/

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

Quote Originally Posted by blackpawn5
    well frankly and im not just saying this, im not all that impressed with the paint job on your car.
    I am. If I had $2000 I'd be asking Jon for his guy's phone number.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

Quote Originally Posted by kick7ca
    I'm having mine painted shortly.
    They are replacing 3 doors that I bought, then sanding / repairing / correcting the whole car, primed, bumpers off, then urathane paint (brilliantrot) for $3800 CDN. I got quotes from $2000 to $5000, and to my surprise the best shop in the city quoted me $3800.

$10,000 to paint a daily driver is rediculous unless it's an old Porsche or something you want to make "as new".
    Where to get it done?!

Actually you know what... it's not that much of a deal. European charges $3500 and they're the best. I'm all excited for nothing
    Last edited by Qube; 07-10-2006 at 01:13 PM.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

I'm in Windsor not Toronto, but it's called Dominion Collision. This is a big shop that's been around for a long time. They paint alot of exotics and European cars.
    I am saving a bit because it's not going to be base/clear, but the factory finish wasn't either so that's OK.
    I'll post pics when it's done. (About a month).

Let me apologize, you may think I was overcharged or just ridiculous with my money. What ever your opinion Im happy with my car. And if your happy with my car im happy with it as well. Didnt mean to offend any fellow e34's

Let me apologize, you may think I was overcharged or just ridiculous with my money. What ever your opinion Im happy with my car. And if your happy with my car im happy with it as well. Didnt mean to offend any fellow e34's. let me personally apologize to Jon K, it is a good paint job, dont get me wrong for your money its one hell of a deal

Quote Originally Posted by Jon K
    I got my car fully painted for $2000 blocked and primered. If you want hi-res pics let me know - it's sure to ruin your day
    Jon How did you find someone to do it for that price? Knowing how picky you are I am not even going to question the quality.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast