GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Changing the fuel filter, and fitting in the radio into the dash.

Default Changing the fuel filter, and fitting in the radio into the dash.

I just ran some super engine cleaner concentrate with 3 gallons of gas for about a day, and then refilled it with some 93 octane, I figure its a good time to change the fuel filter, I have the filter I just do not know where it mounts, any help anyone? What is the easiest way to do it?

Any of you guys have had any problems fitting an aftermarket DIN size deck into the stock radio location on your E34s? The depth doesn't seem right, I think I need to get another aftermarket mounting also, the one I have is sort of a cage that looks like it hooks onto the sides of whatever you are trying to get it
    attached to, there is nothing on the sides inside the E34 radio area.

Thanks Again

Fitting an aftermarket radio in there is cramped but easy and not nearly as bad as a veedub can get. Most of the time your best bet is to take the huge bmw connector and shove it down to the left towards the gauge pod. This should give you just enough harness left to pluf the HU in and the antenna connector should be taped up around the connection and also pushed out of the way if possible. As far as the cage goes you just shove that **** in there, diffrent maufactures have diffrent cages but just bend out the tabs that are close to the plastic so that it cannot come out of the dash, a flat screwdriver is handy.

Bleed off the fuel pressure, start car and remove fuse for pump and engine will eventually stall.
    Raise the rear end of the car and support it well.
    Remove the hoses on in/out of filter and have a pan to collect any fuel that leaks out. Careful of your eyes and hands, use protective equipment.
    Remove old filter, install new filter (be sure arrow points in right direction).
    Refit the hoses
    Replace the fuse for pump, and start it up.
    Support your American Flag Merchant Marine
    No BMW at this time, eyeing a 91 318iS. 00 Saab 9-5, 89 Bronco XLT, 05 Kawi Z1k, 00 Ducati 748S Bip

i should mention, that the filter is in the back right wheel well area, and that when you start up the car the next time, dont actually crank the engine

turn it off, then to pos3, 3 times in a row, to get the fuel pump to repressurize the lines.

then crank it... it will take longer than normal.

oh, and the old filter is gonna have a LOT of gas in it when you take it out.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

How do I bleed off the fuel pressure?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe
    How do I bleed off the fuel pressure?
    "start car and remove fuse for pump and engine will eventually stall."

Or an alternative is to disconnect the vacuum line from the bottom of your fuel pressure regulator (located on firewall side of the fuel rail) and attach a hand pump to it. This will allow the fuel in the supply line to flow into the return line back to the tank.

One more suggestion. When you replace the fuel filter pay close attention to the direction arrow on the old one before you remove it. You will need to install the new one in the same orientation.