GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: OT, some random pics of stuff I've been working on lately..

Default OT, some random pics of stuff I've been working on lately..

First one is a volvo timing belt , Winfred knows this one...

The next one is the crappy german circuit board solder joints on a VW eurovan, another 600 dollar cluster that takes about 2 minutes to resolder.

The next one is what the typical power steering pump internals looks like.

WTF is with that timing belt? damn, even volvo's internals are ugly...

I know that engine Bill, got the same one in my 240. Its gonna need a timing belt soon, although not really sure, ODO stopped working at 169,000 miles
    93 525i / 01 330Ci / 98 Camry / 91 Volvo 240 / 99 Jeep GC

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    First one is a volvo timing belt , Winfred knows this one...
    [[/img]
    question 1: is that pump for a rack and pinion car, or a recirc one.
    2: do you know if its economically feasible to rebuild the pump on a ford taurus, came home to visit mumsy and saw that the hood headliner had a line of sludge directly under the PS resivoir, so I'm thinking its not going to be around much longer. would it be cheaper to buy another one? i'm definitely not put off by taking that kind of crap apart (whether or not it works when put back together is another story.)
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default i guess i answered my

own question, as the autozone lists one for 54.99, i guess it isn't really worth the time to rebuild it if its that cheap, i'd ask of you then, how long do these things last, is there a brand of ford pump that you prefer and that doesn't break as often? this car has had steering rack and pump replaced twice, and i'd rather not replace with inferior parts if i can avoid it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    question 1: is that pump for a rack and pinion car, or a recirc one.
    2: do you know if its economically feasible to rebuild the pump on a ford taurus, came home to visit mumsy and saw that the hood headliner had a line of sludge directly under the PS resivoir, so I'm thinking its not going to be around much longer. would it be cheaper to buy another one? i'm definitely not put off by taking that kind of crap apart (whether or not it works when put back together is another story.)
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

elring or corteco are making the best volvo cam/crank seals now, remember those crappy orange ones you could push in with your finger tips? damn thing comes back in a month with a worse oil leak then it started with, after it blows the seals out. one thing i've been doing lately is drilling out the brass vaccum nipple for the flame trapp a little oversized, it takes longer to stop up and start blowing out oil seals, also make sure the hose going to the nipple is clear
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it