GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: How much labor is SOP for Eibach Springs?

Default How much labor is SOP for Eibach Springs?

Hi,

I am trying to get an Eibach spring set put on my E34 and this indy is quoting me 6 hours of labor with accessories/shop supplies. Assuming it's 90/hour, it ends up being 500 bucks. Is this fair?

Also, do I need to get a front alignment and rear camber adjustment after the springs are replaced? Thank you.

Heck no. If it's just for springs, look for about 3 hour install max. Lower if they have all the necessary tools and can do them easily like with a lift. An adjustment is definitely needed, but you'll want to wait until the springs have settled first, unless it's a drop say over 1.5". In that case you'd still want to realign after things settle.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

it was $300 for me for a few small things and spring install. 2 and 1/4 hours labor charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

I'm getting various quotes from indy BMW people in the area, and they seem to hover between 450 and 500. I think I must live in hell. It's cheaper to drive out of state and put these damn things on. Rotten bastards.

Burn in Hell!
    Last edited by ThoreauHD; 07-05-2006 at 05:41 PM.

wtf, you dont even need a spring compressor on the fronts with eibachs.

although, make sure you have new mount nuts (12 total), and new top center nuts (2 front 2 back) since they are all self locking.

and i would go for new spring pads too.

you might as well get new rear mounts, but the front ones last a while longer.

depending on how much rust is down there, it could very well take that long.

and the brake lines and **** need to be disconnected in the front, and ABS sensors, and those 6 pesky bolts that hold the strut to the steering in the front.......

my car was in my garage for a while while i was getting all those off, took me a lot longer than 6 hours, but i didnt have an impact wrench.
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue