GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Carpets?

Default Carpets?

Are these the best carpets available? The Previous Owners allowed the drivers side carpeted floor mat to bunch up near the gas pedal and its permenantly bent and is always moving up onto the gas pedal getting in my way so i need a new set. Any better than these?
    http://urlcut.com/1bxxg
    1995 540i Manual build 1/95

They are the best, but I dont like the velcro part. I'd home that you could get OEM ones that use the plastic pins.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

My Pins are broken and/or nonexistent in my car--can I retrofit some new pins onto my driver's side mat? Anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by VentoGT
    My Pins are broken and/or nonexistent in my car--can I retrofit some new pins onto my driver's side mat? Anyone know?
    why not just go to the dealer and order new ones...they don't cost very much...but work great in keeping the OE mats in place.

If the mat lock has been sheared off down to the carpet level...all you need to do is take a pair of needle nose pliers or something similar...get a good grip on the mat lock and give it a quarter turn. That should release it from the lock position and just pull it up thru the carpet. Insert the new mat lock into the hole and give it a quarter turn to lock it in place...then slide the floor mat over the mat lock and push down. VOILA!

But personally...I like the BMW OE rubber mats better...easy clean up with either vacuuming, a quick dumping, or serious wash down with pressure washer!

(carpet mat lock on the left...Rubber mat lock on the right)

BMW OE rubber mats:
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL

I bought mine from the dealer with matlocks. They were just over $100 and they had the color and type I wanted in stock, I could look at them and make sure they were right before I left. All the sites that sell them were cheaper but with shipping and uncertainty with what I would end up with, it was worth a couple extra bucks just to go to the dealer/stealer.

Call John Paul at KO performance. He will get you OEM mats that come with the clips you need. Price is US$115 plus shipping.

The clips they come with are like those in Qsilver's post, and they work great. They take seconds to install.

Jay Lebo - Toronto, Canada
    1990 BMW 535i
    5-speed conversion
    Lightened flywheel
    Sachs Suspension Kit
    E.A.T. Chip

just went to CircleBMW.com web site and they are selling BMW carpeted floor mats (the original ones for the e34) for $89.99 (reg price $125). I bet if I went to Pacific BMW and some of the other that advertise nationally...the price will probably be similar.

But if all you need is the mat locks...and your floor mats are fine...again...they are very inexpensive.

http://www.circlebmw.com/parts/acc.htm

Good luck.
    Q
    95 525iT / 97 740iL