GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SAD NEWS, FROM ED: Forum's future

Default SAD NEWS, FROM ED: Forum's future

I was just chatting with Ed and it doesn't look good for the forum's future. He will make the official announcement later today, but basically as much as he loves it, his new business venture is so time consuming that maintaining this site has become unrealistic. And he just plain doesn't like some of the people on here. I have to agree with him on both counts.

Maintaining the whole site has become too time-consuming, or maintaining the forums?

As for not liking people, that's part and parcel of the game when forums get popular.

Default If this is true then it is a great loss...

This site is of huge value to a great many people and we can only be grateful for the time it has been in existence. I think we all underestimate and, to a degree, take for granted, the fantastic work the Ed and others have put into this forum. If the sites days are numbered then I would just like to thank Ed for everything he has done for the E34 community, I personnaly have learned a great deal along the way which has served to elevate my appreciation of these great cars and the many good folk who own them. If this is the end of the road feel no guilt or regret Ed, your work will be remembered for a long time among the masses that have enjoyed and valued your contribution to E34 ownership. I hope the work goes well and that the future holds nothing but success.

Don
    95 520iA

Default My Forum!!!

It can't go away!! here I am at 3:20 in the morning surfing around, it must have something worth keeping it going.

Here we go as I mentioned as the change was taking place, it will probably be registration only to post with a membership charge.

This sucks.

I do not like ANY of the other sites Ed is bored with it, what if it just goes back to the old format that was a lot easier for him?

Ed you hear me?

dammit.

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Dude, I was hoping of all people you'd get it. Check your calendar.

Quote Originally Posted by 632 Regal
    It can't go away!! here I am at 3:20 in the morning surfing around, it must have something worth keeping it going.

Here we go as I mentioned as the change was taking place, it will probably be registration only to post with a membership charge.

This sucks.

I do not like ANY of the other sites Ed is bored with it, what if it just goes back to the old format that was a lot easier for him?

Ed you hear me?

dammit.

Default Duh

you had me going.......
    Gone but not forgotten

Default You bastages!! You had me goin', too!! Good one... MORE

...and to think that my company is s'posed to be announcing our bonuses today. I hope this is no indication of how that will turn out. Yikes!

Cheers,
    Tim G.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    you had me going.......

WOW!
    A little over a year ago I was looking for some help on a TRANS PROGRAM problem.
    The great people here on the (previous inacarnation of) the "board" were extremely helpful and supportive.
    Over the last year there has been wealth of information.
    A few of us were sad when the original forum died to make way for the new improved version. I hope that the new improved wasn't the cause for ED's apparent need to exit stage left.
    During my 4 months of being out of work, I found solace in the board and the great people who live here. Who can forget Mr Bill, and our own down under Agent 86.5 "Quentin". Heck, even good old SKULLFRACTURE aka CHRIS 540 provided a bit of entertainment.
    Not a week would go past without a "NEWBIE" coming on asking the questions many of us asked as new E34 owners. We love these cars and some love to hate these cars.
    It will be a sad day if our founder and sponsor "ED" does indeed have to shuffle off this ether coil for things more mortal. Brings to mind another famous ED who many of us int he older gen saluted off a decade or three ago.
    It's been mighty fine ED.
    You built a beautiful community that spans the globe and brings like minded people together.
    In the words of "The Kieffer"
    GRACE AND PEACE
    Cheers,
    Trevor (Sydney)

E46
    00' 323iA (70,000 kms)

Holy crap, I didn't even know it was April yet. I completely fell into that hole- ouch.

Custom Turbocharged 1991 535iM - 135k mi.

freezin ass cold WI formerly freezin ass cold MN

Dammit, you scared the crap outta me. I'm just starting to try to do little work on my car myself and then I read that. My stomach flippped. That was good.
    95 540 six speed, Rondell 58 wheels, nothin else special
    79 911 SC - pea soup green

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast