GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT: HP Laptop Died!!!! Customer Service A+!

Default OT: HP Laptop Died!!!! Customer Service A+!

So, I rush home today to hop onto my laptop to jump onto the forum, but to my surprise it WONT POWER ON!!!!!! I knew I had a full battery, but popped it out still, attempted to run off of AC adapter only, no LED on the panel stating that the adapter is plugged in.... seems like motherboard or bios failure... but how?! I just carried outside, placed in the comfortable passenger seat of the 530, and drove "safely" to work and back... Maybe the lightning that struck my building? But everything else is there is fine...

Well... dissapointed, yes, 100+ gigs of data to be transfered... but on the Plus side, HP's tech support was great! After trying just 3 simple steps, 60 seconds total, I was informed that I would receive a box within 24 hours to pack the laptop in and will receive it back, repaired, in 2 days!

Another reason to only buy HP for me!

P.S. Laptop was bought new on eBay from circuit city auction.
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Yeah, I have owned several HP and Compaq (Same Company) Laptops over the years. Won't touch there desktops but love there laptops.
    Josh

1990 BMW 525iA
    2000 Toyota Corolla CE
    2007 Toyota Echo

If the laptop was running off battery when the lightning struck your building, it wouldn't have affected the laptop since there was no connection between it and the power circuit in the building.

It could be many things, but if the machine is not powering on at all, either via battery or from juice from the wall, seems like a power circuit problem (circuit in the laptop, not in the building!)

If it's under warranty, just take it back and get it fixed.

Yup, exactly what I did. I pretty much knew there was no way it could be affected by the lightning, seeing as it wasn't plugged in, and other things, like my work laptop, desktop, and my treo were just fine.... but it was an interesting coinicidence. :-P
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

I have a compaq presario laptop that is 100 times faster and more reliable than my past two were ever. I also have a cheap HP desktop that I run multiple recording software off of and have never been displeased with.

Love them both... go HP!
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Yep. In most cases they will courier a box prepaid for you to ship back to them and then courier back to you. They've been doing this for many, many years now.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    Yep. In most cases they will courier a box prepaid for you to ship back to them and then courier back to you. They've been doing this for many, many years now.
    Spoke too soon... Got the laptop back, had system board replaced. It now boots... but shuts off shortly after booting. One time I actually got it into Windows, and was able to poke around, and then it shut down again... talking with HP support yet again...

try getting enterprise support on Printer drivers that crashes Win2k server.. It is like pulling teeth.. HP printer support is really horrible. Phone support from India, - those guys keep going in a loop of try this try that...
    95 M-sport SOLD now NSX

Default beware, hp dumps & reloads the o.s. as a first step......

they have done this to my cutomers.
    tim s.

Quote Originally Posted by tim s
    they have done this to my cutomers.
    tim s.
    Yea, I was weary of that the first time i sent it in, so I popped in a 40gig i had laying around, they sure did wipe it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast