GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hubcentric rings @ Tire rack?

Default Hubcentric rings @ Tire rack?

Hello all, for those that have bought hubcentric rings from Tire Rack, do you have a contact there?
    The guy I just talked to asked me 20 questions and didn't want to sell them to me after I gave him the part #...
    With my luck I'll get the same guy if I called back.
    Thanks in advance.
    -Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Roger L in SF
    Hello all, for those that have bought hubcentric rings from Tire Rack, do you have a contact there?
    The guy I just talked to asked me 20 questions and didn't want to sell them to me after I gave him the part #...
    Thanks in advance.
    -Roger
    I had the same thing happen to me. I waited for 15 minutes, called back and said, "I need 4 of part#........ " I got them no questions asked. You just need to talk to someone else.
    Mike S.
    1992 535iM black/black
    1997 540iM white/gray
    Retired: 89 535iA, 85 318i

<<Support your local autobahn, stay out of the left lane!>>

Rick L Guest

Default Get It From Discount Tires!!!

Get it from Discount Tires!!! The set is only $15 with FREE shipping!!! I purchased my set from them and they work great. I have heard Tire Rack sending out WRONG rings to customers so I went with Discount Tires. You need 72.56-74.1 ring set. There phone number is 1-800-589-6789.

Rick L

Quote Originally Posted by Roger L in SF
    Thanks in advance.
    -Roger

Rick L Guest

Default 72.56-74.1 for E39 wheels only...

Almost forgot... 72.56-74.1 rings are for E39 wheels to E34, E38, etc. ONLY. If you have different rims then the ring size is different.

Rick L

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L
    Get it from Discount Tires!!! The set is only $15 with FREE shipping!!! I purchased my set from them and they work great. I have heard Tire Rack sending out WRONG rings to customers so I went with Discount Tires. You need 72.56-74.1 ring set. There phone number is 1-800-589-6789.

Rick L

Unregistered Guest

the p/n is A670. If you call and they give you any lip, tell them that Aaron had said that they can sell them. They're like $3.00 each.

Just be specific ask to order that part number (A670) which works for e39 wheels on an e34.. they will do it. If any trouble just ask to talk to a manager and explain.

Hope this helps
    they are aluminum from tirerack and quality I wouldn't go anywhere else.

yea, tirerack seems to be *******s about it. you'll either get somebody that will sell it or not. ask for the part number specifically. if the rep refuses to sell it, ask to speak to a supervisor/manager.

about discout tire hubcentric rings: i don't know about now, but in the past, hubcentric rings sold by discount tire were plastic. these are garbage. i had a set. they'll fall apart within a year. the ones from tire rack are metal.

Rick L Guest

Default Discount Tire rings are the same as Tire Rack (METAL)

Discount Tire rings are metal. I purchased a set serveral weeks ago. They do not have plastic ones anymore. Besides, you CANNOT get plastic rings for E39 to E34 wheels. It is toooo thinnnn!!! You will see when you get them, how thin they are. Maybe you had them for different after market rims with larger hub center for plastic rings... My friend also purchased one from Tire Rack and they sold him the wrong size. I should of told him about the Discount Tires. When he receive the right size, it was the same rings as the ones from Discount Tires. For $15 with FREE shipping, that's better than Tire Rack price!

Rick L

Quote Originally Posted by shragon
    yea, tirerack seems to be *******s about it. you'll either get somebody that will sell it or not. ask for the part number specifically. if the rep refuses to sell it, ask to speak to a supervisor/manager.

about discout tire hubcentric rings: i don't know about now, but in the past, hubcentric rings sold by discount tire were plastic. these are garbage. i had a set. they'll fall apart within a year. the ones from tire rack are metal.

try eve's, he seems cool. they didn't want to sell them to me at first because i didn't buy the wheels from there. but i called back and got a cooler guy who didn't care to ask 20 questions.

Damn, that's weird, I called and asked for Jim and told him I needed 4-A670's, he took all my info (name and address) and it was here the very next day.

So, I would say to ask for Jim!

Keith

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast