GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hubcentric rings @ Tire rack?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick L
    Discount Tire rings are metal. I purchased a set serveral weeks ago. They do not have plastic ones anymore. Besides, you CANNOT get plastic rings for E39 to E34 wheels. It is toooo thinnnn!!! You will see when you get them, how thin they are. Maybe you had them for different after market rims with larger hub center for plastic rings... My friend also purchased one from Tire Rack and they sold him the wrong size. I should of told him about the Discount Tires. When he receive the right size, it was the same rings as the ones from Discount Tires. For $15 with FREE shipping, that's better than Tire Rack price!

Rick L
    the first set of hub centric rings i had were from discount tire, and they were black PLASTIC (around year 2000). the application was to fit e39 wheels on my e34. they probably lasted for about 8 months before they just totally broke and cracked in a bunch of different places. i then placed an order with tire rack for the metal ones. i'm glad to hear that discount tire does not carry those plastic ones any more. i agree, at $15 plus free shipping, it's a much better deal.
    Last edited by shragon; 04-01-2004 at 07:18 PM.

I got a set of plastic ones for my E39 wheels (going on an E28) from Discount last October. They cracked right away, are are crap. They might have been leftover stock that the store (it was local, not off their web page) had.

Just make sure you ask for the metal ones ahead of time if you go with Discount.
    1992 535i TCD-s2

talk to Dale at Tire Rack, He's very cool and quick shipping (mine was there next day)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12