GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What brake pads are you using?

Default What brake pads are you using?

I thought there'd be a heap of info on this in the search area but after two pages I gave up.

I'm about the buy some rear brake pads. I can get Bendix and a few other makes cost price but I'm keen to give the EBC 'Green Stuff' pads a go. I'm also interested to hear if anyone is using ATE (OEM???) and how they are. Please let me know and, if in OZ, how much you are paying.
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

If Raybestos Quiet Stop pads are available down your way, I am very pleased with them. Non-ferrous ceramic pads, almost dustless, no squeal, and don't appear to eat up the rotors. Work fandamtastic at the car club drivings schools, especially when hot. PGD394QS on the front and PGD396QS on the rear.

zmuff--1989 535i 5-speed--17" E39 Style 32's--JC chip--UUC Short Shift--
    --Racing Dynamics Springs & Sways--Bilsteins--Yorktown, VA

Raybestos QS
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Axxis Ultimate on slotted rotors, they arent broken in yet so i cant comment on the stopping power yet.

I had Jurid pads on before, they are the OEM pads.

mate I got a full set of bendix for $100.00. i have got to say they work perfect and i really dont consider that anything more exotic or expensive is worth the money if its not for track or any specific performance application. I have always used bendix pads on every car ive had and for e34 its made no differance. they work and for the wear that we go through thay are good enough for me. I dont doubt that there are superior pads about but at the end of the day the bendix are not as cheap shitty pad and the quality is good. they are made to take the sensor, albeit the original in the vehicle, but there are so many other things that need money spent. mortgage, wife, family business etc. Id rather replace a set of bendix every year( 10 minute job) for a hundred bucks than try a new brand. Just my 2 bobs worth. if u need a hand when ur doing them give a yell!

Raybestos QS. Jeff (632 Regal) recommended them to me and Ihave loved them ever since. Like everyone else said, no dust and great stopping control.

Akebono ceramic seem to be very good so far too (haven't been on for long yet). They are often quoted as an alternative to the Raybestos QS.

Enjoy!

Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by nuclearfusion
    Akebono ceramic seem to be very good so far too (haven't been on for long yet). They are often quoted as an alternative to the Raybestos QS.

Enjoy!

Fusion
    I like the Hawk ceramics on the 535 better than the Akebono ceramics on the m3. The Akebono's lack ultimate stopping bite when things get warm, on the street. Akebono's leave the wheels very clean; Hawk's generate a little dust, but bite much better.
    erased due to slander

:: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by Martin in Bellevue
    I like the Hawk ceramics on the 535 better than the Akebono ceramics on the m3. The Akebono's lack ultimate stopping bite when things get warm, on the street. Akebono's leave the wheels very clean; Hawk's generate a little dust, but bite much better.
    I'd be keenly interested in a comparison between the ceramic pads from Hawk, Akebono, Raybestos, PBR and Bosch (have I left anybody out?)

I know Bill R. has commented on the Raybestos QS and Akebono, and that the gossip on the street is that the PBR and Bosch pads may be a bit dustier. Other than that I don't have more information and would really like to hear any experiences comparing these.

Enjoy!

Fusion

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast