GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 95' features in 92'

Default 95' features in 92'

Hey,
    Well last night I repplaced my dash took about 4 hours. And when stumbleing around there were some connectors that I reconnected that wernt connected before (atleast I didn't remember disconnecting em) I get in my car today and to move it and my cc display displayd the raido station and track numbers. So i guess this is a hidden feature that just needs to be hooked up. Im sorry to say i cant honestly pinpoint which wire I connected to make this work or what I did but I think it was just one wire in a one wire connector.

Now youre just taunting us....
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

I thought all e34s had that feature functional not just specific years?
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

For reasons like that I wish my six disc changer didn't take poop, but I still love my sony HU.

Present: Black 1995 525i | Past: Red 1989 535i; Black 1985 535i

Really??? That would have a nice feature. I didnt find any unconnected wire when i changed the dash harness. Im using a Pioneer now..
    Eurospec-12/1988-535iL-M30B35-5speed

My '93 does not have that feature but a '94 that I test drove when I bought mine did...mine's fully stock HU and cd changer. Hmmmm, one wire, huh? Something tells me it's not that simple.

Default My 90 dosen't have it, but my 94 does

I think I'll do a little exploratory surgery and see what's the deal is next time I am in the dash.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Quote Originally Posted by pyro
    Hey,
    Well last night I repplaced my dash took about 4 hours. And when stumbleing around there were some connectors that I reconnected that wernt connected before (atleast I didn't remember disconnecting em) I get in my car today and to move it and my cc display displayd the raido station and track numbers. So i guess this is a hidden feature that just needs to be hooked up. Im sorry to say i cant honestly pinpoint which wire I connected to make this work or what I did but I think it was just one wire in a one wire connector.
    Interesting - I thought that was a standard feature on my '93, but I did hook up a single (blue?) wire that was disconnected by the upper right corner of the instrument panel when I had the console out.... maybe that's the area/color of the wire you hooked up? From my faulty memory from several months back.
    Tom

Default wire

I'll check that out on my 6/93 build date '94 540i when I get home, and I'll post back. I seem to recall seeing some connection like that back there once. Although, maybe I just want there to be one so bad I am imagining things. -- Mike

Quote Originally Posted by pyro
    Hey,

last model year improvements and features like the 95 e34 has will make the 2003 e39 the best buy. I think I want the 2003 540i or 530i Sport with auto
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast