GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: jacking points

Default jacking points

need to get both front wheels off the ground is there a single jacking point at the front of the car i can use same for the back thanks for youre help it for my 540 i 96
    Last edited by broadie777; 06-30-2006 at 09:57 AM.
    quick quick quicker quickest

I use the front cross member.

Due to the low ride height, I typcially have to drive the car up on some 2x4 blocks so I can get the jack and jack pad underneeth the cross member.

That's the only jack point I can think of that will allow you to pickup the front of the car equally.

Jeff
    Bellevue WA
    90 535iM - not much stock remains. 3.7 liters, ported head, cammed, 3.73 diffy, M5 brakes, MAFed, yadda yadda yadda
    86 Porsche 951 - Track Toy

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff N.
    I use the front cross member.

Due to the low ride height, I typcially have to drive the car up on some 2x4 blocks so I can get the jack and jack pad underneeth the cross member.

That's the only jack point I can think of that will allow you to pickup the front of the car equally.

Jeff
    I do the exact same thing. What we really need are " low-pro aluminum racing jacks."
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Default thanks

Thanks Its As I Thought ,just Askin ,buy The Way My Uk Spec 540i Is Just About The Fastest M/f Car Ive Had The Plesure To Drive 6 Speed Manual Any Better Car Out There For Less Than 1680 Pounds With Fbmwsh
    quick quick quicker quickest

Im just wondering, but why do you capitalize every word?
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

they might be all caps and the forum breaks that down to just the first letter being caps...basicly he is screaming at us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    Im just wondering, but why do you capitalize every word?
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I have raised the front both wheels at a time with a floorjack under the cross-member dozens if not 100's of times and never gave it a second thought. Lately I'm thinking it might be the reason why my upper control arm bushings tear up prematurely. Anymore I'm inclined to think ramps are the best way to go, but the stupid things slide when I drive up on them & the tire treads are wider than the platform & they scrape the spoiler lip -- I'm screwed either way I guess.
    gale
    92 735i 5-spd, turbo project finally underway!

Quote Originally Posted by gale
    I have raised the front both wheels at a time with a floorjack under the cross-member dozens if not 100's of times and never gave it a second thought. Lately I'm thinking it might be the reason why my upper control arm bushings tear up prematurely. Anymore I'm inclined to think ramps are the best way to go, but the stupid things slide when I drive up on them & the tire treads are wider than the platform & they scrape the spoiler lip -- I'm screwed either way I guess.
    Same thing happens to me. I just take off the front bumper to get it on the ramps and the tires rub the ramp walls because they are also too wide.

you guys are tards.... JK. you need a chunk of 2x10 to lean up the ramp part so the spoiler dont scrape and the ramps wont slide.

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

wrong!

ok I put the top of the board about 3/4 the ways up the ramp.

(the "D" is for dickhead)

edit: no i remember, its for drivers side
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast