GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ::.. Actual fuel tank size on 535i?

Default ::.. Actual fuel tank size on 535i?

The OBC reports 61L topped off... I KNOW the cluster is wrong (replaced) as it goes up to 90L. From empty light on to fillup is about 70L.

Is 70L the 'stock' size of this tank? Is the OBC just stupid or perhaps replaced as well? The latter is probably my real question. I go by the MTL on the OBC and it worries me when the light is on and the OBC says I have 6L left... yeah right. That's why I have the optional spare tank in the trunk
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Don't quote me on this Qube, but I believe every e34 gas tank holds 21.4 U.S. gallons.

Quote Originally Posted by E34 530
    Don't quote me on this Qube, but I believe every e34 gas tank holds 21.4 U.S. gallons.
    So that would make it ~81L... technically. Anyone know how the OBC 'thinks' how much fuel is in the tank?

Strange thing... searching "21.4US GAL to litre" on Google brings up this thread! http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=6975
    Last edited by Qube; 06-29-2006 at 12:14 AM.

Default 81 Liters is the stock size, 90 liters for the euro m5

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    The OBC reports 61L topped off... I KNOW the cluster is wrong (replaced) as it goes up to 90L. From empty light on to fillup is about 70L.

Is 70L the 'stock' size of this tank? Is the OBC just stupid or perhaps replaced as well? The latter is probably my real question. I go by the MTL on the OBC and it worries me when the light is on and the OBC says I have 6L left... yeah right. That's why I have the optional spare tank in the trunk

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.
    Which brings two questions... why would the cluster indicate up to 90L yet it doesn't have the oil temp (instead of econ gauge) if only euro m5 has 90 tank? Second question being still... why the OBC thinks ~61L is a full tank when I clearly filled ~71L when the light came on? :|

You have to reprogram the OBC if you change the tank.
    "Normal" e34's have either 80 or 81 liter tanks one is plastic the other is metal.
    Saudi e34's have special tanks for example.

i think i have the 80 l tank and have never put more than 72 litres in ussually its around 65 litres How much is supposed to be left when the light comes on?
    Gone but not forgotten

5-10 liters or so i guess.
    But remember it cant get it all out and in the bottom there is dirt and dirt is very very bad for your injectors so you shouldnt drive very long with the light on.

Default Paul , 8 liters is the amount for the

reserve when the light comes on . 81 liter tank of which 8 is reserve. So 73 liters if you filled it up right when the light comes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ
    i think i have the 80 l tank and have never put more than 72 litres in ussually its around 65 litres How much is supposed to be left when the light comes on?

Mine is 80L, I ran out of gas once and coasted into a filling station and I actually put 80L into the car. The attendent was stunned at how much gas it took.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast