GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I finally decided to say Hello again...

Default So I finally decided to say Hello again...

Hello to all! I've been a professional lurker for quite some time now (think circa 2002), way back when we had that old style board. Most probably won't remember but I had posted some in early '04 but then when the new board came out and there was that transition period I kinda fell outta the loop. Been frequenting this site off and on though since, checking what's new and stuff, and most definitely the search function has become a great ally - this site (and its contributors of course) have been such an awesome help to me in my DIY adventures. I guess part of the reasons for never posting was because everytime I had a question it would be answered by a simple search! But alas being a fly on the wall has its disadvantages of never being able to contribute or jump into any discussions, so here I am!

I'm from Hawaii, currently here now, but I was in LA the past couple years - probably will be going back to SoCal after the summer. It's funny, the Hamann HM2 rims I had (one's in the pic) I was selling in LA and almost sold them to to a guy without even realizing it was Whit Lowell from this board! (At the time I hadn't checked the site for some time and later found that he had posted my rims for sale here). Thanks Whit by the way! I thought your name looked familiar

Anyway, so I have an '89 535im, just under 230,000 miles, and love it! I've owned it for about 6 years now and don't think I'll ever sell it. The pic is from a while ago, it's totally de-pimpified for now - the rims are gone (crappy bottlecaps for now), as well as the tint I had to remove cause of the stupid Hawaii safety check you have to get every year doesn't allow dark tint. But even so these cars have such beautiful and timeless lines - you know how after you park it you find yourself looking back over your shoulder? Yeah, I do that too

Aloha,
    Wes

Yes, I know what you mean How about when you drive by a building with lower level glass windows and you can't help but slow down and stare... I love the wheels!
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

By the way, everyone's sig pic seems to be over the "maximum" listed as 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller). Do you have to reach a certain amount of posts to be able to display a larger image, or is that max size just a "guideline"?

Thanks!

Wes

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    Yes, I know what you mean How about when you drive by a building with lower level glass windows and you can't help but slow down and stare... I love the wheels!
    For reals, that can be dangerous - oh, but, aahhh, officer, aaahhh I was just looking at, oh nevermind...

Quote Originally Posted by Wes F
    By the way, everyone's sig pic seems to be over the "maximum" listed as 100 by 100 pixels or 64.0 KB (whichever is smaller). Do you have to reach a certain amount of posts to be able to display a larger image, or is that max size just a "guideline"?

Thanks!

Wes
    If you host it yourself, you can put any size pic in that you want. Its not always nice to the dialup users and so on, tho.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

wow, thats a nice ride. and rolling with a 535iM in hawaii? can't beat that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

I really like those Hamann wheels--why did you get rid of them? Nice looking car.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    If you host it yourself, you can put any size pic in that you want. Its not always nice to the dialup users and so on, tho.
    Ok thanks, I'll try that.

Default Thanks guys for the comments!

Quote Originally Posted by VentoGT
    I really like those Hamann wheels--why did you get rid of them? Nice looking car.

I had to get rid of them because when I was in LA I was gonna be driving up north through snow and stuff and so I needed to get some beater wheels w/ snow tires. I wanted to keep them but I didn't really have anywhere to store them and I also kinda needed the money. Once I get some extra dough I think I'd like some m-pars or maybe some of these

Hmmm, can't decide....either would be pretty badass...

M-pars look the **** on the e34--yeah they are around on some of the e39s and e38s, but they were originally made for the M5...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast