GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: 1994 325 a/c low pressure port location?

Default 1994 325 a/c low pressure port location?

I'm new to the list and admittedly haven't done a lot of repairs myself. Can anyone please tell me where/how to find the a/c low pressure port on my 325? Basically, I'd like to re-charge my a/c, preferably without evacuating the system... our climate in Oakland, CA is pretty mild, so luckily a/c is not something I use much.
    Any recommendations on tools, R-134a refrigerant, etc? Should most gauges fit on the port, or do I need one that fits BMWs?

Low side will be the larger pipe. The fitting are idiot proof so the DIY kit will only fit the correct port.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Default Ports near chassis number?

Are the ports near the rear part of the hood, near the area of the chassis number (passenger side)? I saw two ports with dust caps, but the gauge (Interdynamics) did not fit either of these. Thanks, Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross
    Low side will be the larger pipe. The fitting are idiot proof so the DIY kit will only fit the correct port.

Should be left side on the larger pipe, the fitting is actually the smaller of the two. The fitting for R-134 is a quick release job like on an air hose.
    "The gas pedal wouldn't go to the floor if it weren't meant to be there"

Default bmw ac port

Quote Originally Posted by larry325
    I'm new to the list and admittedly haven't done a lot of repairs myself. Can anyone please tell me where/how to find the a/c low pressure port on my 325? Basically, I'd like to re-charge my a/c, preferably without evacuating the system... our climate in Oakland, CA is pretty mild, so luckily a/c is not something I use much.
    Any recommendations on tools, R-134a refrigerant, etc? Should most gauges fit on the port, or do I need one that fits BMWs?
    Hi Larry , itīs very simple , I did myself on my 325 , when I īhad to replace the
    filter after a crash ,
    You can use R134 , on it , just find the right adapter , and all the other stuff , the connector is located on the passenger side near from the beam , right over the dissecant filter , donīt forget to complet the oil also, GULF oil will do the job . ok ?

Default A/C system appears charged...now what?

I found the port and the system appears fully charged. Checked the sight glass, and it was bubbling. However, I didn't hear any clicking noise coming from the compressor...shouldn't there be a sound when the a/c is on, esp. at max. cool? Any ideas? Bad compressor? Possible electric problem at the control panel? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sussuca
    Hi Larry , itīs very simple , I did myself on my 325 , when I īhad to replace the
    filter after a crash ,
    You can use R134 , on it , just find the right adapter , and all the other stuff , the connector is located on the passenger side near from the beam , right over the dissecant filter , donīt forget to complet the oil also, GULF oil will do the job . ok ?