GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guibo Questions

Default Guibo Questions

I'm getting a vibration only when acclerating. I'm thinking that it's the guibo disk. The dealership mentioned a few weeks ago that I needed to have it replaced but it was not vibrating then, or at least that I noticed. I've not had the car long and the previous owner was an old guy who Im sure didnt drive it too hard. It's seen the passing gear several times since I bought it. Think it's safe to assume that the guibo needs replaced? How difficult is this to do? Would ramps works or do I really need jackstands?
    Self proclaimed eBay Sleazeball

I'll sell you my old one for the one time price of $29.95.

Seriously though, I had the same vibration from a stop until I hit about 2300 RPM's then it went away. Get under the car and look at it. If it has little white fibers coming out or is cracked, it probably warrants replacing.
    Last edited by E34 530; 06-23-2006 at 11:06 AM.

Do automatics have guibo's?

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    Yes, according to everywhere that I have read. I even called the parts store to see if they had one. They did... for 128 bucks. BMA's is 48.00. How difficult is this to do? Does it require any exhaust removal to replace it?

Quote Originally Posted by cableface
    Yes, according to everywhere that I have read. I even called the parts store to see if they had one. They did... for 128 bucks. BMA's is 48.00. How difficult is this to do? Does it require any exhaust removal to replace it?
    nah, you shouldnt need to, just lift up the car, unbolt it from the driveshaft and stick the new one on...

Default Yours does, the 535 automatics don't

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720

Quote Originally Posted by Bill R.

Thank you.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Okay, so upon further inspection I think that I am suspecting the motor mounts are causing the problem more so than the guibo, although I checked out the guibo and it does need replaced judging from the appearance. Here are the exact symptoms.

1. Engine gives a moderate jerk upon starting (just started doing this)
    2. Steady vibration when accelerating.
    3. Vibration occurs even when transmission is in neutral.

What exactly do I need to look for to determine if it's the mounts that are the problem? Is there anything else that it could be?

why not do the whole lot. a weekend, box of beer, a couple of mates( not in wheel chairs) a few hundred in parts, not many tools, jack , ramps and a copy of Bently and start early. Do tranny mounts, engine mounts, Guibo( we call flex disc), exhaust mount rubbers and centre bearing and just eliminate the whole lot in one go. Its not hard, just need to be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyb
    why not do the whole lot. a weekend, box of beer, a couple of mates( not in wheel chairs) a few hundred in parts, not many tools, jack , ramps and a copy of Bently and start early. Do tranny mounts, engine mounts, Guibo( we call flex disc), exhaust mount rubbers and centre bearing and just eliminate the whole lot in one go. Its not hard, just need to be prepared.
    That what I was planning on doing since the repairs seems fairly straight forward. My question is could it be anything else other than those issues mentioned?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast