GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm stupid...

Default I'm stupid...

I was raceing the 525i last night and she did really well, I was happy with her. Now the bad news; This morning when I fired her up the valves were noiser than normal and shes burning oil (blue smoke). I wonder how often to do these m20's burn up valve guide seals? Hmmmm, did I bend a valve? Well I guess its time to baby the e34 till I can take the head and give her a once over. Lets hope the rings are intact. Guess I should check my plugs for oil... Blah!
    Josh

1990 BMW 525iA
    2000 Toyota Corolla CE
    2007 Toyota Echo

Excuse my ignorance ... but what kind of racing would one be able to do in a 525?
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

not so fast type racing lol

like running around a light pole with a shopping cart
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    Excuse my ignorance ... but what kind of racing would one be able to do in a 525?

Hey Hey Hey....

the m50's can hold thier own against honda civics!

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

hes got an m20, a engine that was spunky and fun in the e30, but grossly underpowering in the e34

you should just baby it all the time. the e34 is a luxury saloon.. peppy at best. lots of fun to drive, handles nice, but not a race car, especially not on public roads. and most cars these days will embarass a 525 pretty easily
    -inc

'91 e31 850
    '90 e34 535
    '02 CBR F4i stunt/track bike
    '07 gsxr 750 stunt bike

Quote Originally Posted by Incantation
    you should just baby it all the time. the e34 is a luxury saloon.. peppy at best. lots of fun to drive, handles nice, but not a race car, especially not on public roads. and most cars these days will embarass a 525 pretty easily
    Saying that "you should just baby it [an e34] at all times" is an embarrassing display of ignorance on your part. If BMWs are not meant to be able to be driven hard every day, then i have had the wrong idea about them this whole time...
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    then i have had the wrong idea about them this whole time...
    True, plus as it has been stated many times here before, street racing is stupid. Find a track.
    1990 535i 5-sp., except for 16" M-Contours, cd deck, and clear corners, completely stock. 226k and running strong

I totally "raced" a new Acura TL and a mid 90's Corolla today. We were on a three lane stretch of divided road sitting at a stoplight. I was behind the Acura and the Corolla was next to us. The Corolla jammed it when the light turned green and the Acura got a late start, but for some reason decided to waste its gas on it and beat it to the next red light. This time, the middle lane was open, so I grabbed it. Light turned green, and everyone nailed it as it was the entrance to the freeway, with no merging. Just a slight left and straight onto highway 280. So, I TOTALLY kept up with the TL all the way until like 10mph when his FWD launching disadvantage was overwith. Unfortunately by 60 he had about 20 buslengths on me, and me and the Corolla were duking it out. I beat the Corolla by a few carlengths to 80mph, when I let off.

And THAT, is the only intentional "race" I have had to date. Moral of the story is that I still drove home in a BMW. And I'll take them in the twisties.

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast