GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Coolant flush-Need help!

Default Coolant flush-Need help!

I drained the coolant using the drain plugs on the block and the rad. I then ran water from the hose in the expansion tank to that it ran out the engine block. I torqued the black plug down and ran coolant in the expansion tank and out the rad drain plug.

Question: Is it now sufficiently flushed, or can i start it up with water running in the expansion tank and out the bottom of the rad with the heater on to further flush it?
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

should be good to go with that unless you had some major crud infestation going on, i usually just dump everything and refill unless i got seriously nasty sludge
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

The coolant that came out didnt look bad except for the green color. I just filled it up with straight water and warmed it to operating temp with the heater on. Im waiting for it to cool down again so that i can drain the water and fill it up with coolant.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

yeah thats about it, I only took one block plug out on the pass. side as Im lazy. I filled and drained and ran 3 times before I did a final drain and refilled with the correct amount of antifreeze and then topped it off with distilled.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy