GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adjust your mirrors.

Default Adjust your mirrors.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

great info
    1994 540ia|Oxford Green Metallic|Lemforder|KYB in H&R|18" OE Staggered M-Parallel with Pirelli P-Zero

I actually learned this sometime in high school somewhere about ten years ago. It's how I've adjusted my mirrors ever since. Good to see that someone has put it down on paper, or virtual paper anyway. It seems like everytime I drive a friend's car, it's always way off with the mirror too far inside. It seems like common sense to me to put it further out, but I guess I have my high school teach to thank for that one.

for some odd reason, we were never taught this is drivers ed. I'm pretty sure they taught us the wrong way? haha.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    for some odd reason, we were never taught this is drivers ed. I'm pretty sure they taught us the wrong way? haha.
    That's very likely... I'm pretty sure that I had this discussion with my Physics Prof when we were learning optics. I never had driver's ed. Thank God! I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than put up with that sh*t. From conversations with friends of mine, I could certainly see them teaching a few things backasswards.

My driver's ed teacher was an alcoholic. Good info. I'll fix it tomorrow.

A journo wrote about this about 10 or 12 years ago in a local car mag, and it made sense to me then, so I tried it, and now i'll never go back. I hate hoping into someone elses car and seeing the mirrors looks back down the side of the car.

Regards

John

Pics of my E34 M5 -> http://www.jrobbo.com/M5

My drivers ed teacher showed us a video about a crippled kid who played basketball. Then he proceded to preach for hours about how we should all be good kids and not to drink and drive and not do drugs. I will try the mirror thing.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

HA!!! less than a week ago i was yelling at my dad, my mom, and my brother because I could see the side of the car in the side mirrors, and they didnt believe me when I said "Hey! that aint right, you need to move them so you can see whats next to the car, not the car itself!!!!"

Another good reason for adjust them like this is that now you can see the front of the hot girls you drive by sooner.

Imagine this:
    You come up from behind, se long blond hair and a tight ass, you think "wow a hottie" but when you pass you can`t turn your head because your GF is sitting in the passengerseat, and the blonde is in the mirror first when you are to long away to see the details. With this adjustment you should be able to get a look much earlier
    Eurospec-12/1988-535iL-M30B35-5speed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast