GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Air Vents On But Where's The Air?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Air Vents On But Where's The Air?

I change the position for the air vents but no air rushes out. When I put it on defrost I can not feel any air coming out the windshield vents. If I close that and put it on forward vents, no air and the same if its on the floor vents. I can not feel the air rushing from anywhere. The blower motor is running on 4 and I can hear it but I can not feel any air rushing from any vents. I can feel some air blowing out the vents connecting the door vents.

what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by njshore4x4
    I change the position for the air vents but no air rushes out. When I put it on defrost I can not feel any air coming out the windshield vents. If I close that and put it on forward vents, no air and the same if its on the floor vents. I can not feel the air rushing from anywhere. The blower motor is running on 4 and I can hear it but I can not feel any air rushing from any vents. I can feel some air blowing out the vents connecting the door vents.

what gives?
    I just finished correcting the same problem on mine. It's most likely the cabin air filter. Mine was all mucked up. I changed it and it's fine now

The most likely thing is: Your micro/cabin filter is clogged and needs to replaced. They get really nasty and can get completely clogged to the point of cutting off all airflow. If you fan is working at all speeds and you can tell that your flaps are opening to direct the air to the proper places, the filter is most likely the problem.

Please complete your profile with necessary data on the car such as month/year built, engine type etc.
    otherwise we cannot give you a qualified answer.
    Without these data we even do not know if you have a microfilter or not. Because that is based on month / year of production. These you can find out on my website below under VIN DECODER.
    See my posting
    http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...ghlight=answer