GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

View Poll Results: How many cars do you own?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll

2 1.59%

30 23.81%

34 26.98%

29 23.02%

13 10.32%

7 5.56%

4 3.17%
  • 6+

7 5.56%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many cars do you own

Default How many cars do you own

I never met a car I didn't like and too many of them follow me home.

I have been wrestling with the urge to add another car or two to our stable. For many years our 2 person family had 4 cars. I finally decided it was too difficult to keep them all maintenanced and it was stupid to pay insurance costs on cars we rarely drove, so we rotated the fleet and cut back to a total of 3.

When I was in Chicago, Bimmernut Ed was telling me that you can get a 3 year old 740 for about half of its original cost or a higher mileage 2 year old 740 for about half its original cost. This is because the type of person who buys a 7 is not the type of person who buys a used car so there is not much demand for the used ones. Ed's is pretty sweet and will be getting even more so after he puts the Bilstein sports on it to get rid of the boat effect. I started thinking, hmmm, boy would one of those be a nice extended family taxi.

And have you seen Bimmernut Eds fleet of BMWs? 5 cars (2 fives, 2 sevens, and a z3) and two cycles. That makes our prior four cars seem less excessive. (Never mind that he has 4 drivers in the family).

Ed's driveway

And then there is the "makes me drool" gray X5 that belongs to someone at work which I hope to be the next owner of. I can feel the urge to buy more cars. I think it is seasonal. I have noticed there are a lot of people buying and selling now or at least wanting to.

Quote Originally Posted by DanDombrowski
    Well, I admit, I have a problem. I acquire cars, yet can't seem to get rid of them. So right now I've got 3 sitting in the driveway until I get off my lazy butt and sell one of them.
    Do other people here have the problem that Ed, Dan, and I have?
    Last edited by Gayle; 06-18-2006 at 10:05 AM.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Rig

LOL How many is it? And how many are running?
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Currently 3 which is one too many for my GF and I.

Any Volvo lovers out there? We have decided to sell the '98 S70 GLT- 5, I will be listing it for sale soon. Need to take pics of it.

Gayle... Ed is right about the 7 series.

My parents bought thier 00' 740i for about $25k with 35,000 miles.
    Last edited by liquidtiger720; 06-18-2006 at 10:23 AM.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Isn't it interesting that 16 people have voted so far and not a single person has voted for only 1 car?

Quote Originally Posted by liquidtiger720
    Gayle... Ed is right about the 7 series.

My parents bought thier 00' 740i for about $25k with 35,000 miles.
    Ed has both a stretch one and a short one. I think you could fit a football team in the back seat of the stretch one. Ed tells me that most people but the stretch version and that the short ones are the rare version.

What do your parents have?

I think by stretch he is talking about the iL versions? And by short...the regular "i" versions.

If so, they have the short one. 740i

~Car in the middle obviously.

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

I've just got the bimmer for nice days and the ford exploder for rough weather/ manly stuff.

I count 4 cars out in my driveway now. 3 of them are mine and one is my girlfriend's. I'm a broke college student so why the hell I have 2 cars, I dont know. The BMW is by far the best. The other two I like to call DisposaHondas. There's a 92 Accord and an 88 Accord. The 92 looks like hell, but drives like a champ with only a 100k on it. The 88 looks great and drives great but has 300k mikes. I'm thinking of selling the 92 to make some upgrades to my 525. Well, there ya go....

Currently 6, down from a high of ten. I can put two in my one car garage! Planning on new garage for 6 next year so some orphans can get a home.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast