GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Problem Solved!

Default Problem Solved!

Well, I replaced the O2 sensor on my e34 and VOILA! no more hesitation or rough idle From reading past posts, I was really skeptikal that this would fix my problem. It seems that usually the O2 sensor doesnt muck things up that much. I'm glad that it worked though. I'm even happier that it was only a $75 repair. It took a little time to complete it since I didnt have the best of work environments. I only a set of ramps and a graded road. Certainly not safe since the car was at an angle, but I did it any damn way. There's still a slight twitch in the motor sometimes when idling but nowhere near what it was. Now it's time to start looking at the AC and front suspension!

isnt it nice that the ECU didnt give you an O2 sensor error and made you guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BillionPa
    isnt it nice that the ECU didnt give you an O2 sensor error and made you guess.
    That's what I thought that it was doing. So, I thought that changing it was pointless. Fortunately, I was surprised. It's running much better now.

that's good to know, i've also got a rough idle and sometimes hesitation, so i'll swap out the o2 sensor asap and see how it goes

i always though a bad o2 sensor was indicated by poor fuel consumption and blowing smoke, of which i have neither.. but i'm willing to try anything!

Quote Originally Posted by cableface
    Well, I replaced the O2 sensor on my e34 and VOILA! no more hesitation or rough idle From reading past posts, I was really skeptikal that this would fix my problem. It seems that usually the O2 sensor doesnt muck things up that much. I'm glad that it worked though. I'm even happier that it was only a $75 repair. It took a little time to complete it since I didnt have the best of work environments. I only a set of ramps and a graded road. Certainly not safe since the car was at an angle, but I did it any damn way. There's still a slight twitch in the motor sometimes when idling but nowhere near what it was. Now it's time to start looking at the AC and front suspension!
    Where did you get the O2 sensors from, and how much? I have a 540i/6.

Quote Originally Posted by Randell
    that's good to know, i've also got a rough idle and sometimes hesitation, so i'll swap out the o2 sensor asap and see how it goes

i always though a bad o2 sensor was indicated by poor fuel consumption and blowing smoke, of which i have neither.. but i'm willing to try anything!
    Please tell us the result after you replace the O2 sensor.
    1994 520i with M50 engine, manual transmission and air conditioner.
    VIN: GG45422

Quote Originally Posted by DABIMR
    Where did you get the O2 sensors from, and how much? I have a 540i/6.
    I got it from http://www.bmaparts.com/ It was $77.00.