GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: E34 rant/love ode

Default E34 rant/love ode

Hey guys/gals,
    It's been almost 12 months since I bought this beautiful car. I know that people comment on your cars. My mother-in-law always asks me about it. The usual comment is "How is your 'new' car going, apart from looking beautiful?" I've already related about the lass at work who says that my car is a '2nd base' car. "Not all the way but definately 2nd base!" What kind of comments do you get? We are trying to get BigKriss to advertise on RSVP that he drives an E34...
    Cheers

Wingman
    '89 525i/A Exec 193000kms
    '94 Subaru Liberty AWD Wagon
    Looking for Merc 300TE
    NSW, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by wingman
    What kind of comments do you get? We are trying to get BigKriss to advertise on RSVP that he drives an E34...
    hehe, i think they are very good looking cars but you get alot of jealous looks from people. i think sometimes what will i get when my e34 gets too old as its utilised heavily (400 km per week just going to work and back) and has 245 000 km on it
    sometimes i think about an e32 but i like the look of the e34 better
    perhaps
    M5? muhahahahaaaaaaa

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

Mine gets some attention, albeit not always from the right kind of people and the police seem very interested since in our country it's stereotype for maffia car.
    People I know ask me about it, but I think that might be because I keep talking about it .

I've already related about the lass at work who says that my car is a '2nd base' car. "Not all the way but definately 2nd base!" What kind of comments do you get? We are trying to get BigKriss to advertise on RSVP that he drives an E34...

Here are some thoughts on the potential benefits or lack there-of that might come to Kristian from advertizing that he drives an e34.

Does your BMW help you score?

Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Default The police stopped following me home

I live in an area were BMW. Benz, etc only roam.

No old faded junker type cars allowed.

Plus my wife says my schwantz grew several inchs since I bought the car.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

i get a lot of **** for my car where i work, i'm a young guy in an office of old guys and my car is one of the hottest in the carpark only problem is i'm often in a different car because mine likes to break!

but when the same people that tell me to 'sell that heap of junk and get a barina' finally get into the passenger seat... there's just silence.. then after a few minutes driving i'll get random questions like 'so what year is this?' 'how much did you pay for it?'

it makes me laugh!

oh i have to add the best line though.. just after i got the car i was around the back of club bay view in claremont , which is a club for all the trendy rich kids in perth, and my girlfriend sees a friend of hers, who comes over to the passenger side and says 'whoa, what are you doing in THIS car?' , while at the same time stroking the door! if only she knew it was 12 years old and cost less than her corolla!
    Last edited by Randell; 06-16-2006 at 07:38 PM.

I liked Pundit's comments on where he says "Seriously here in Oz most chicks (under 25) go for testosterone laden 19 year olds wearing baseball caps on backwards driving shitbox 15 year old Commodores (common GM made sedan) with 19" Chinese chrome rims, blue neon washer jets and a tailpipe an entire football team could disappear into. Oh yeah I nearly forgot the Doof, Doof! Okay it's stereotypical, because it is stereotypical. I think many Aussies will recognise that.

Though they're probably not the females our group would be interested in... because they probably rather be seen in a Commodore like the one above than an E34. While a blinged out 3 Series might just tempt them, they'd probably equate a 5 Series with middle aged dirty old men!"

I could not have said that comment better myself. I get comments like "is the car yours" and "how can you afford it". I haven't met many chicks who dig the car and secondly I don't talk much about the car in front of them / to them. I'm under the impression its seen as an old mans car and therefore it doesn't stick out of the crowd / is noticable. I actually went out on Friday night last week, to the excellesor hotel (spelling) at Surrey Hills. I met these two young chicks (19 and 20) with a mate of mine, the one I was talking to more (Madonna) was a catholic leb chick originally from Bankstown. As usuall I was very quiet. I just don't have stupid stuff to talk about. Anyway, so we watch a few live bands and Madonna's friend "Morgan", is going out with the guitarist of one of the bands. This was the first time I met them. Since I'm driving and not drinking, it was getting around 2am and we got back to Madonna's at Erkensville about 5-10 mins away, she invited us back there. The chicks liked the car and all, but they didn't say that much about it. We get to her place and she left her keys at work. So then we drive to St Lenards - about 20 mins away and get here car keys we drive back to Madonnas again and she cooks us some pasta. No BS, nothing happened at all , I didn't even get a phone number. I left around 4:00am and dropped off my mate and went home. I got nowhere.

This is were I am stuck. Most chicks are dumb and clueless with cars anyway, so what ever material I'll be giving them will go straight over their head anyway.

What is the base system anyway, I've heard of it before, but I'm not up to date.

I've already related about the lass at work who says that my car is a '2nd base' car. "Not all the way but definately 2nd base!" What kind of comments do you get? We are trying to get BigKriss to advertise on RSVP that he drives an E34...

Quote Originally Posted by BigKriss

What is the base system anyway, I've heard of it before, but I'm not up to date.
    It is slang based on baseball. You can guess what a home run is.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

Default Just remember it's best to slide

into home head first.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Some RSVP fun. So I didn't hear back from this one chick for a while, so I sent here a message;

"What the hell is going on? You didnt get back to me and from where I'm standing, youre not gonna be in the top 100 anytime soon - dont miss the boat sweetheart!!!!!"

She was not too impressed. Its not that bad is it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast