I have a 1993 E34 5-speed TDS (it's a diesel). I'm in the states, car came from Italy.

When I first bought the car, the rear hatch opened in two sections: There are separate handles to open the whole trunk, and one to open only the glass. I noticed that sometimes when I put the car into reverse, the hatchback latch would release (electronically).

Then I had wiring put in for a trailer, and now EVERY time I go into reverse the hatch opens. Also, I can no longer open the glass by itself, only the hatch.

The other day something in the back of the wagon forced the glass hatch open, and since then my windshield wipers are acting . They don't go on at intermittent or slow, only on fast, and when I turn them off they stop wherever they happen to be, not going down like they should. Another thing that's new since the glass opened is that the window switches no longer power the windows up or down.

At first I thought I blew a fuse, so I checked all the fuses, and they're all fine. I unhooked the battery for half an hour and re-connected it, and nothing has worked.

PLEASE HELP@!