GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: e34 project getting started

Default e34 project getting started

Hi y'all from the lone star state

Ok the end of a long week of spending,spending and more spending. BillionPA I took your advice and got the struts,springs,sway bars and bushing. Thanks. Angrypancake I will photo the project and heres hoping those 19" work. Airborne001 thanks for the BMP reference. My last few questions though are regarding lighting. I did order the Depot eyes but must assume they don't have bulbs also ordered the Hella replacement fog lamp cans. I would like to have the xenon look for the low beams and fog lamps. Any advice? I will launch the project the week of july 3-7. Paint the bumpers and rockers, install suspension and wheels and lamps, leatherique the interior to new and hand the keys to my wife. Results hopefully will be bitchen e34 and no more damn car payments. As always I'm a new 535i e34 owner so any help or advice will be awsome.

make sure you have a set of torque wrenches, and a LOT of WD40 and PB.

as well as a full wratchet set.

get an O2 sensor removal tool to do the front shock nut removal and installation.

with the Eibach springs i got, i didnt even need a spring compressor on the fronts.

also, jackstands dont work too well on E34s, i made a couple of aluminum pieces to rebalance the weight onto the jackstand. you will see.

you can get some HID units to install in the low beams and fog lams clusters, however you will get an error message on the dash saying the bulbs are out.

what brand/size swaybars and type of shocks/spring combo you get?

I'm fortunate enough to be able to most of the work at a very high end body shop. Components were from BMP and ebay I did go with a progressive rate sping though since my wife will never take this thing on a track. The spring rate is more about comfort and ride height. I did some research online and found some xenon type bulbs. Have you heard of Hella Optiflux?

optilux isnt HID

I guess I'm going for xenon effect. although after I googled BMW e34 xenon replacement bulbs I more confused than ever. Seems that all kinds of manufacuture are selling bulbs and everbodys are the best. I like the bright white light with hint of blue that xenon produces but I don't want to purchase the wrong ones.

why dont you just get real HID's?

www.KaRealtySF.com
    Build Date: 05-1995 /Engine: m50tu /Automatic Transmission /ABS /NO ASC /Open Differential /EAT Chip

Sound like that is the way to go. So that being said what is the right way to do HID quality and price.

phillips ballasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Thanks,
    I did the xenon lamp search and found that 632Regal has had good luck with the Wagner Brite Lights. I hate to cheap out but at this time I'm going for a little more light with some hints of blue. This week has seen my wallet get much lighter with all these parts. Now I'm thinking go for the body kit also. There is no shortage of 9006 bulbs out there claiming to be the brightest and the best. Sylvania, Hella optilix, etc. What do you think?

i have ProLumen HID in my car, and its brighter than holy hell!!!!

the light is 6000K, which looks pure white if you stare at it (for about .1s before you go blind) but they look more purple from the side, and the light they shine has a blue halo at the upper edge of the light beam.

also they draw 20W less than a standard bulb, which means more power to the engine

i would wait and save up for HID rather than spending a lot of money on the look, only to not like it and get HID later anyways!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast