GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: CD Changer quit

Default CD Changer quit

Driving back from the beach yesterday and CD stops playing in the middle of a tune. Checked archives and tried all gimmicks...unplug, blank magazine, smack it, etc...

I took the cover off and watched, it goes thru all the mechanics of disc check, ejects ok, etc. just won't play. I think the laser is shot, I can't see any light when it should be reading the discs. HU reports disc error. A couple times it loaded a disc and tried to read it, but stopped spinning and reported error. Other times never loaded a disc after disc check, just reported error

Is this a replaceable part? Or should I just bag it and try to find a new used one? This is the first time I've had any problem with it, I don't thinks it has ever even skipped. Even plays homemade CD's. Would like to keep it if it's repairable for a resonable amount. Anyone know of anybody that works on these things.

Thanks

I really like the changer in mine and if it quits I was told to go to this guy. Good reviews and VERY reasonable prices.
    http://www.willmanselectronics.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Spasso
    I really like the changer in mine and if it quits I was told to go to this guy. Good reviews and VERY reasonable prices.
    http://www.willmanselectronics.com/
    Looks good, think I'll give him a try.

Thanks for the info.