GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hit someones car. Damnit

Default I hit someones car. Damnit

I was on a residential (no painted lanes) street at night and someone was parked on the side of the road and I was trying to keep right to let oncomming traffic pass and i wasn't paying attention ( becuase i'm retarted) and minaged to side-swipe some guys toyota.

I tore my pass side mirror clean off the car, but it only broke the glass in his.

I though that was it, but upon closer inspection i actually did scrape my car along the side of his, he said the paint looks intact and the bump strip just rubbed black plastic all over it, but he said its noticably denting in alone the line i left.

aw ****.
    He was nice, and wasn't to interested in getting insurance involved, and said he'd go get some quotes from body shops +the dealer and i could just pay him.

We'll see. I dunno if i can afford it out of pocket if the dent is the kind of dent that will require the door being replaced/the entire door being painted+ the rest of the paint around it being blended.

It sounded like a long thin dent, like the bump strip caught it. So its not something round you can just pop out. Soo... how do they fix that kind of stuff?

You guys think it'll be something cheap and easy and i should expect to shell out a few hundered, or are they going to tell him to repaint he entire door and want like $900?

What model/year is the Toyota? Do you have any pictures of the damage?
    Josh

1990 BMW 525iA
    2000 Toyota Corolla CE
    2007 Toyota Echo

new. pretty new. Its hard to tell with the darkness. A camery. Probably 2000

Pictures might have been smart, although i don't have a camera. And my house is.. far.

I sort of kind of know the guy, meaning that he like.. i dunno. I see him almsot everyday. I forget if he works at the coffee shop we all hang out at or what it was. He is known amoungst my friends. Its kinda weird he lives there and i hit him out of everyone.

He was really nice, and repeated 5 or 6 times he really appreciated my honesty and that i actually came and knocked on his door instaed of driving off.

The only reason he said he'd rather just let me pay him was that he was in an accident a while ago and his insurance went up so much he doesn't want to deal with it. Well, that and the fact that at first we thought it was just the mirror glass.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEndIsNear
    What model/year is the Toyota? Do you have any pictures of the damage?

Bugger mate, No good...

As is a very, very common saying on here (regardless of the damage)... It'll buff out

You could have been a foot further over, smacked his car right in the corner, and your car right in the corner, bent suspension and both the chassis (and maybe even your radiator) and been in A LOT worse condition!!

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Hay
    Bugger mate, No good...

As is a very, very common saying on here (regardless of the damage)... It'll buff out

You could have been a foot further over, smacked his car right in the corner, and your car right in the corner, bent suspension and both the chassis (and maybe even your radiator) and been in A LOT worse condition!!
    Yes! It's true! there's always something to be thankful for.

Default I borrowed a friends digital camera and ran back and took photos.

It doesn't look bad at all. I can see how there's probably a depression where my car scraped, but its far from a dent. No idea how you'd fix something like that though.

Sorry for no re-size. I'm on someones elses PC and in a hurry.

Here's another. Sorry Modem folks

It'll be OK. Bodyworks guys can damn near perform miracles!!

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

It will be fine. Who has dial-up anymore???
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

That's very light damage. A good body shop should be able to repair that reasonably.
    Josh

1990 BMW 525iA
    2000 Toyota Corolla CE
    2007 Toyota Echo

Thanks for all the positive comments guys.

I actually didn't notice this damage when i was there, and it was after i left and he called me that i found out i had hit more than his mirror.

Looking closely at these pictures makes me realize it is indeed very slight.

That's good. hopfully its just a few hunderded dollars out of pocket and porblem solved.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast