GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: messin with exhaust ideas

Default messin with exhaust ideas

I'm trying something with my 530iv8 exhaust. i have a 2.5" cherrybomb exhaust and some leftover exhaust parts and i'm gonna try joining both pipes after the middle box/ expanding them with a stepped sleeve and put a single 2.5" cherrybomb on with twin tail pipes. If this sounds sh!t i'm gonna try stock back box and remove middle box. Cant fit a twin system (one either side) cos fuel tanks in the way. Any ideas or anyone tried anything like this before?

It sounds like it might sound ok. You might also try either 1 3'' flowmaster or a dual-in dual-out 2'' flowmaster.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Well the PO of my car put on this shitty ass RICER ROCKER Launcher on the 535 , however it did sound pretty amazing, real deep. not ricey at all. So im driving and i hear this sound ding ding ding... and what was that sound... My exhaust of course. Right after the resonater was hanging to the ground and one of my hangers had rusted off.. so off with the trash. Time for straight pipes. Went to Canadian tire got two bends and then to straights. Sounds amazing! Cost 40 dollars had my buddy weld it up.. I am going to buy Chrome tips soon , but one thing at a time.. Might remove the resononater/silencer whatever as well. I will post pics of this set up when i get a chance. I also wanted a exhaust tip on each side. . unfortunately gas tank....

J.McWatters.

Quote Originally Posted by McWatters
    Well the PO of my car put on this shitty ass RICER ROCKER Launcher on the 535 , however it did sound pretty amazing, real deep. not ricey at all. So im driving and i hear this sound ding ding ding... and what was that sound... My exhaust of course. Right after the resonater was hanging to the ground and one of my hangers had rusted off.. so off with the trash. Time for straight pipes. Went to Canadian tire got two bends and then to straights. Sounds amazing! Cost 40 dollars had my buddy weld it up.. I am going to buy Chrome tips soon , but one thing at a time.. Might remove the resononater/silencer whatever as well. I will post pics of this set up when i get a chance. I also wanted a exhaust tip on each side. . unfortunately gas tank....

J.McWatters.
    Buy, steal or beg a video camera. I want to hear what that sounds like.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

thanks for the advice. will def do a recording with either video or sum pics. take it easy

id personaly try a flowmaster and axe both mufflers, keep it dual to the end and the V8 should sound real good at rev
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Default i wanna roar

now i have had this idea for awhile and have been trying to work it out in my head i have a 90 525i and i wanna split the dual after resanator and put pipes goin out both sides b4 the rear tires.... i think that would be hott
    but what about backpressure
    cops
    and finally
    looks ?

tell me what u think
    am i a bastard or just idealing what i think would be Freakin sweet?
    thanks
    justin

sir, you are a genius!
    Alusil, Dinan DME | ITG Air Filter | Eibach/Bilstein HD | 26/20 Swaybars | Iridium plugs | Depo/ProLumen HID | Optima batt. | no AC | Stoptech brake lines, Frozen rotors, brass bushings, Superblue

I have an '89 525i, and I drove it around with the exhaust off (after the cat) one day while I was waiting for the muffler to arrive. I suggest at least leaving the resonator in the system. First of all, on alot of cars, that resonator is the difference between sounding like it has a hot, race exhaust and sounding like a car that just has the exhaust off of it. Alot of cars just sound like junk with the exhaust off because they have this horrible tinny sound that gives it away.

From inside the car, with the resonator and muffler off, it was absolutely deafening, to the point you really regret it because it's like going to a concert and standing right in front of the loudspeakers. When you open it up with the exhaust off, it sounds so amazing. Of course it's just a charade because the car isn't any faster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast