GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You guys so much...

Default Thank You guys so much...

Hello guys. I just want to thank Scott H, BimmerNutEd, BrandonJ, Bimmerdood, JR M5, and anyone else that helped me put in my tank. Without you guys I probably would have worried the whole way home thinking we were going to explode lol. Ed, my deepest thanks for the use of your tank, I will have to think of some way to repay you. The meet was great, most of your cars put mine to shame lol. Once again, I just want to say thank you guys for your immense hospitality and expanding my knowledge on e34 repair. Thanks a million, Andrew

Default You don't owe Ed anything!

I gave him that tank from my wrecked 535 for free! You needed it a LOT more than anything he had planned for it. Let us know how the tank works out, and make sure you watch it to make sure it's not cavitating/imploding!

Quote Originally Posted by E34 530
    Hello guys. I just want to thank Scott H, BimmerNutEd, BrandonJ, Bimmerdood, JR M5, and anyone else that helped me put in my tank. Without you guys I probably would have worried the whole way home thinking we were going to explode lol. Ed, my deepest thanks for the use of your tank, I will have to think of some way to repay you. The meet was great, most of your cars put mine to shame lol. Once again, I just want to say thank you guys for your immense hospitality and expanding my knowledge on e34 repair. Thanks a million, Andrew
    Last edited by Scott H; 06-12-2006 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Although Ed did drive it down...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H
    I gave him that tank from my wrecked 535 for free! You needed it a LOT more than anything he had planned for it. Let us know how the tank works out, and make sure you watch it to make sure it's not cavitating/imploding!
    Yeah, I checked the the tank evertime we stopped for gas on the way home. btw, I'm sooooo jealous of the projector .

Default Sweet!

I prefer the cool projects and the friends over the projector....I barely use it....unless people are over for a movie or some GT4

Yeah, I checked the the tank evertime we stopped for gas on the way home. btw, I'm sooooo jealous of the projector .

Default Andrew....more on what to look for with the fuel tank....

Just communicated with Bill R about the situation.....

"What actually happens is that there is a one way check valve and a pressure relief valve in the gas cap.. The check valve allows air to be sucked in, but won't let it out... as the electrical fuel pump pumps the fuel out, it creates a vacum in the tank and the check valve in the cap lets it draw air in the replace the fuel thats pumped out.. The canister and the and the vacum valve up front also play a role.

If that check valve on the gas cap is bad, it can't draw outside air in... If you crack the cap and hear suction rather than pressure then you likely have a bad gas cap......"

So now you know what to watch for. Gas caps are cheap and I still have my old one from that tank.....let me know if you need it dude! Let's make sure this tank doesn't cause any problems.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by Qube
    my eyes!!! you should take that pic down....that's like a dog laying down and showin his nuts in the park.
    for such a fine looking silber vehicle with the proper mirrors, there needs to be ten manlier more alpha poses to make up for that one.

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

Default How about another....

kinda like a female dog presenting.....

Quote Originally Posted by 530iTouring
    my eyes!!! you should take that pic down....that's like a dog laying down and showin his nuts in the park.
    for such a fine looking silber vehicle with the proper mirrors, there needs to be ten manlier more alpha poses to make up for that one.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

Quote Originally Posted by Scott H
    kinda like a female dog presenting.....

more like it...because the work;s being done in the shop...

~6 speed~ Rear Fogs ~ Shadowline ~ Tow Package ~ OEMMM///S38B38

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast