GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 540/6 For Sale/Trade, again...

Default My 540/6 For Sale/Trade, again...

I'm throwing my 540/6 up for sale. I'm by no means motivated or desperate, this just isn't the right car for me right now. I love the car, it's just not right for a broke college student with a family. If I were single and had no responsibilities there's no way I would part with it.

1995 540 6 speed, 140,XXX miles. Oxford green over tan leather. Overall in excellent condition, interior is nearly mint except for usual wear on the driver's side seat bolster. For those that don't know, the E34 540/6 was a one year only sport edition of the 540. It had upgraded brakes, suspension, bodywork, the sweet M5 sport seats, and was pretty well loaded. This is NOT an M-Sport, but still a fairly rare car.

Excellent running and driving car, never had any trouble with it. Records back through 70k or so. What I've done in the last 7k: thrust arms with 750 bushings, tie rods, center link, 3mm spring pads, rear dogbones, Racing King subframe inserts, rear sway bar links, Hella clear corners, new chrome kidneys, new roundels, new 17x8.5 M-Contour reps with polished lips, 235/45 Avon Tech M550s, both oxygen sensors, Royal Purple in the transmission and rear diff, as well as a ton of little stuff. I am anal as hell about cars, I removed all the door panels, replaced the broken clips, tightened the wood and armrests, re-glued the pockets. Also tightened every screw I could find, lubed everything lube-able, etc. Thus, it's a very tight car. It also has a Jim C. chip (have original), Bilsteins, Hella OEM clear corners, E39 M5 shift knob, Sony ES head unit with CD changer, and a B&B cat back that sounds awesome.

Exterior is nice, from five feet it looks nearly perfect. It has a clear title and clean Carfax, but has been in a minor accident. The hood, driver's side fender and front door has been replaced with OEM R-DOT parts, fit and finish is like new. The entire car was also re-sprayed, not a show car job but not Maaco either. One dent on hood, one on trunk lid (see pics). Also very light hail damage, just a few dents that you have to look very hard to see. Minor door dings as expected, they don't even show up in pics. None of it is anything a little PDR wouldn't take care of.

Mechanically it is awesome, very reliable, rides and handles great. With the suspension rebuilt there's none of the typical E34 shimmy/shake, it's just tight and smooth. No oil usage, perfect reliability.

I'm asking $9000 obo, or would consider trades for something with 4 doors and a manual gearbox. Car + cash trades would be ideal, I'm doing this because I'm in college, have a family, and am broke, but would consider whatever. Post it up here, or email me at jessup3 at cox.net.

Matt J.

'95 540/6- Jim C. chip, Bilsteins, B&B, For Sale!
    -Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Mine and 3 grand sound good?
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for a manual. Plus, I was hoping to go downwards on the miles.
    Matt J.

-Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Up....
    Matt J.

-Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Haha, yeah I expected that. I'd love a 540/6 ... and yours looks gorgeous.

Good luck on the sell.
    InDEuroz | e34 540i/6 '94 w/ bore/stroked m62 | e30 325iS '87 | Ducati 748R '00

how about mine + $4k
    1995 540iA M-Sport - 76k miles. 1 of 1 auto AW3 cars.
    1995 540i/6 - Misc Parts donor for above.

I'd kill for that car... Hey, do you need anybody offed? LOL
    Josh

1990 BMW 525iA
    2000 Toyota Corolla CE
    2007 Toyota Echo

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerd00d
    how about mine + $4k
    Sold!
    Matt J.

-Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Good morning to all of you.....
    Matt J.

-Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheEndIsNear
    I'd kill for that car... Hey, do you need anybody offed? LOL
    There is this one guy at work.......
    Matt J.

-Sold
    www.wichitabmw.com

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast