GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has anyone rented a vacuum pump from autozone (the a/c one)

Default has anyone rented a vacuum pump from autozone (the a/c one)

newsgroup chatter from 2002-current indicates that "bigger autozones" will rent you a vacuum pump with which to evacuate your a/c system (i KNOW they are referring to the a/c type because they refer to autozone renting the pumps but no pump oil) for $200. a message on the pelicanparts message board indicates that somebody in north florida has rented one, so i assume they wouldn't be that rare in my neck of the woods. has anyone here rented one from autozone? if not, has anybody in the US ever rented one? how much was the rental for you? thanks.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

Default 200 bucks?

hell you could buy a small pump for that

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bob
    hell you could buy a small pump for that
    no, the rental is a deposit, you get it all back when you finish with it.
    "..Torchinski v. Peterson that it is legal to carry a concealed weapon, so long the weapon is totally slick like a huge ass machine gun that you carry under a trench coat, like in the Matrix."

i've seen a shiny new vacuum pump in my grandfather's house as little as 2 years ago, everybody in my family screws with air conditioning, so i'd rather not buy one if i can: either find (that) one, rent one from somebody, or find somebody with a big enough air compressor to run a venturi pump from harbor freight.

Then just do it! What have you got to lose? This is damn good deal to be able to rent it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger
    Then just do it! What have you got to lose? This is damn good deal to be able to rent it for free.
    i haven't done it because i haven't found a store anywhere around me that has one for rent. all of the autozones have a base set of hand tools that they have to have, a vacuum pump isn't one of them. only the "bigger" stores are supposed to have them. wondering if anybody here has actually succeeded in renting one. i'm going to start calling the stores 167 miles away from me in the capitol, and 350 miles away in miami and see if one of them has it, as i'm in those areas somewhat often.

No AC vauum pump rentals around Clearwater/Tampa, Ryan
    Ramon
    1994 540iA Nikasil EAT Chip
    Tampa Bay, Florida USA

Quote Originally Posted by MBXB
    No AC vauum pump rentals around Clearwater/Tampa, Ryan

thanks for that ramon.

Default The one that i go to has one as a loaner tool but i dont

need it. They told me about it around a year ago when they started carrying more A/c stuff for the diyer. Its a pretty decent pump, looks like a clone to my robinair.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan roopnarine
    i haven't done it because i haven't found a store anywhere around me that has one for rent. all of the autozones have a base set of hand tools that they have to have, a vacuum pump isn't one of them. only the "bigger" stores are supposed to have them. wondering if anybody here has actually succeeded in renting one. i'm going to start calling the stores 167 miles away from me in the capitol, and 350 miles away in miami and see if one of them has it, as i'm in those areas somewhat often.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast