GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: Real time problem, HELP!?!!

Default Real time problem, HELP!?!!

1997 328 IS...Ok, so it's 31 degrees celcius...I'm tooling along, with the A/C on full, and the blower motor stops...no noise nothing, I pull over hoping it's just the fuse...I reach down to open the hood..and....SPROING.... the cable pops...it has separated at the hood latch....This may sound really dumb but....HOW DO I OPEN THE HOOD? I looked for a way to catch it, but can't....any help would be appreciated...I need to get in look at the blower motor...and well at some point I'd like to look under the hood....
    Help!
    Last edited by Sundancer; 06-26-2007 at 10:41 PM. Reason: forgot car type and year

the quickest test on the 96 and up e36 blower is to ground the body of the blower regulator, it's mounted on the right side of the hvac box under the dash, it's one of the closest things to the firewall in the box and has if i remember right a 5 wire plug, when you pull it out of the box it's smaller then your fist aluminum and spikey, ground the aluminum part and if you get a big spark and the blower comes on full speed (but won't otherwise work by the controls) that unit is bad
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    the quickest test on the 96 and up e36 blower is to ground the body of the blower regulator, it's mounted on the right side of the hvac box under the dash, it's one of the closest things to the firewall in the box and has if i remember right a 5 wire plug, when you pull it out of the box it's smaller then your fist aluminum and spikey, ground the aluminum part and if you get a big spark and the blower comes on full speed (but won't otherwise work by the controls) that unit is bad

When I get to that, I'll test it, but right now, I can't get the hood open...that is my main problem...Hoq do I unlatch the hood, when the cable has snapped off the latch...at the hood end?

Quote Originally Posted by winfred
    Sorry just re-read your post..so I have access to this unit on the interior side of the firewall...I will test it....But i still need access under the hood....

on the hood thing i can't really remember any hidden tricks, if it was a front opening hood like a e34 those are easy to pop, you may be able to get at the latches well enough through the grills with a pick or screwdriver
    all america wants is cold beer warm cat and a place to take a poop with a door on it

Just to make sure im reading it right the cable broke off from latch? Which latch because there are two? If it hasn't broken off at the latch there is a trick. If you pull the drivers side corner light out you can feel up in there for the cable. Than take some vise grips and grip on hard and yank. It might take a time or two, but it will pop it. If not your going to have some tricky work to try and get to the latches through the grill or take the bumber off to gain better access