GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT- Water powered cars

Default OT- Water powered cars

The US Military is currently working on Hummers with this hybrid combustion engine which can run on water or gas. Just a promising technique I wanted to share.

Fox news vid:

http://****.com/cnt/medias/9031

Car vid:

http://hytechapps.com/aquygen/hhos#

Main website:

http://hytechapps.com/

95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

i was in a program in high school where we would go into the GM proving grounds (located in my hometown) and work with engineers every other friday. one of these fridays i was sent to work with the alturnitive fules group, and i got to dyno run there hyrogen car. the thing was awsome, it ran on hydrogen, but did not burn it, it would instead fuse oxygen to the hydrogen in its "core" and use the heat energy produced as its power, leaving the only byproduct of water at room temp out of the tailpipe. it was very cool and had a weird powerband. not sure of the name, but it was badged as an opel i think. i also got the chance to ride along in a EV1, gm's electric car that was mysteriously phased out (there is a movie being made on the topic) the electric car was awsome too. though the top speed was 82mph it got there very quick. ohh and we brok the cars speed record while driving it around the ring at the proving grounds, for a moment it went 83mph, the driver was very excited. im not sure why this car was phased out, maybe it was that i only got 100 miles to a 5 hour charge. i know the problem with the hydrogen car is that they could only get the cores to last less then 50k miles, and they cost 150k per core.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleN20
    i was in a program in high school where we would go into the GM proving grounds (located in my hometown) and work with engineers every other friday. one of these fridays i was sent to work with the alturnitive fules group, and i got to dyno run there hyrogen car. the thing was awsome, it ran on hydrogen, but did not burn it, it would instead fuse oxygen to the hydrogen in its "core" and use the heat energy produced as its power, leaving the only byproduct of water at room temp out of the tailpipe. it was very cool and had a weird powerband. not sure of the name, but it was badged as an opel i think. i also got the chance to ride along in a EV1, gm's electric car that was mysteriously phased out (there is a movie being made on the topic) the electric car was awsome too. though the top speed was 82mph it got there very quick. ohh and we brok the cars speed record while driving it around the ring at the proving grounds, for a moment it went 83mph, the driver was very excited. im not sure why this car was phased out, maybe it was that i only got 100 miles to a 5 hour charge. i know the problem with the hydrogen car is that they could only get the cores to last less then 50k miles, and they cost 150k per core.

It was phased in because some of your leaders in california had the briliant insight to make a law forcing all car companies to sell 5% (or around that) zero emission cars of their total yearly sales in that state. And what a difference that made, Ford had the Think car which was electric, holden made the EV1 which was electric and brilliant and many other amazing projects were begun and successful. THEN,,, the car companies lobbied with all their power and might - and won - and nearly every new technology was dropped overnight, 'Think' was sold and is now nearly bankrupt, the EV1's were only leased (holden claimed they were never that good and didnt want to sell, the owners who leased them said they wanted to buy them at any cost, said thery were the best car ever and had no issues, just wanted to keep em) were all destroyed asap. The battery technology since then would have made them have a 400km range today. So now, we have nothing. The car companies have lots of power and could not give a damn about any environmental cause. The really annoying thing is that the rest of the world was also set to have access to all these models. The amount of net global benefit if the leaders of the day had held to their guns would have been profound.
    1990 BMW 535i Exec

Quote Originally Posted by kyleN20
    isn't that just a fuel cell?
    sounds interesting anyway

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

Default Just wait for the new ecological

mess with all these hybred batteries hitting the dumps in a few years.

Vee ave vays of dealing vid your kind...........

Alternative fuels were developed all at once in this senario and so are all lumped together. The hydrogen economy is a freakin myth and so I am all for electric as H2 is a no goer. I know many of you know this, however for the people who have not thought about this yet - hydrogen is an energy carrier, not an energy source - therefore its just like electric batteries, compressed air or a winding watch, sometimes we hear people talk about water and H2 like its an endless, boundless source of energy. It aint even a very efficient energy carrier!
    1990 BMW 535i Exec

LPG and CNG are the next step, they have very low emissions, i think people are deluded if they think the hydrogen economy will reduce emissions with present power generation being mostly coal and a ******** amount of energy is required to get hydrogen from water (90% of hydrogen is obtained from fossil fuels anyway)

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

CrimsonBrian has a water powered e34, It works just like the treehuggers would want it too.

Quote Originally Posted by rob101
    LPG and CNG are the next step, they have very low emissions, i think people are deluded if they think the hydrogen economy will reduce emissions with present power generation being mostly coal and a ******** amount of energy is required to get hydrogen from water (90% of hydrogen is obtained from fossil fuels anyway)
    I concur on that, at least in the middlelong term. LPG injection systems can just as easely take biomethane if at some point it is decided to use this as well. Biomethane would give you two H2O for every CO2, which is closer to hydrogen's 'pollution level' without requiring huge amounts of energy to produce it and without having to heavily modify engines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast