GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ::.. Engine Shampoo

Default ::.. Engine Shampoo

::.. Engine Shampoo

What exactly does this entail? Though the meet is in three days, I'm hesitant to let anyone do it lest she stops running afterwards!

REFERENCE: http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthr...engine+shampoo

Maybe I'll just get a bottle of Gunk cleaner and a steam cleaner or spray bottle
    Last edited by Qube; 06-07-2006 at 01:43 PM.
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

I use new Dawn ( blue origninal formula) mixed 70 (H2o) /30 and a 2" brush on the top half of my engine...if it really dirty on the block use gunk but make sure your engine is only warm not hot

look for my post of my engine you could eat off it but I would have to kill you if you got it Dirty!
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...e/P1010388.jpg
    Last edited by califblue; 06-07-2006 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by califblue
    I use new Dawn ( blue origninal formula) mixed 70 (H2o) /30 and a 2" brush on the top half of my engine...if it really dirty on the block use gunk but make sure your engine is only warm not hot

look for my post of my engine you could eat off it but I would have to kill you if you got it Dirty!
    Did you rinse after? If so, how?
    :: HIDCanada.com | Illuminating Your World

I rise with hose and and Adjustable nozzle...not surper high pressure , if you worried you can cover the coil & distributor with a plastic bag and a rubber band to hold it in place

Quote Originally Posted by califblue

Mine's bad and I was thinking of using your method. I had mine done 2 years ago and it came out beautiful but I don't presently have the funds for it and don't know what they used on it.

Do you spray it on then brush it. Soft or hard bristle brush?

Yours looks GREAT!

TIA

Spray it on and then loosen the grim wit the brush ( my bristles are now semi soft ...old brush) as long as it does not scratch it should not make a difference . I also use old tooth brushes in the tight spots with 100% new Dawn on the bristles
    After i have done a section i hose it off and clean the brush too that way i don't transfer the dirt to the other parts I am about to clean

Since I don't have a distributor on the M50MTU is there anything else in there that should be covered? I think I know enough not to direct a hard spray around the plastic cover over the coils and don't want water in the spark plug wells, but what about other electronics?

Never had a problem on my M50. However, I think the plugs are covered up a bit more on the M50. I also cover the fuse boxes and elec components with foil. I srpay a warm engine with gunk or similar. Let set for 15 minutes and rinse off with garden hose. start it up, rev it a couple of times to shake off water. Thats it.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

i used the old towel and sprat shine stuff, tins of places I cant get to in the bay... dirt roads suck!
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

I use Foamy engine bright with the engine running. Stuff owrks much better thanthe regular engine bright, Just hose it off with a garden hose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast