GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rotor upgrade opinion

Default Rotor upgrade opinion

93 525I, For a while Ive had issues with vibration and pulsation when I was braking and it seems to be getting worse. So I'm looking for ideas on what to buy there are rotors that are slotted, drilled and slotted or just drilled and Ive also heard about the drilled rotors cracking, I guess my goul is to dissipate as much heat as possile can someone give me a heads up? Also a small note the thrust pushings are in good shape. THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer93
    93 525I, For a while Ive had issues with vibration and pulsation when I was braking and it seems to be getting worse. So I'm looking for ideas on what to buy there are rotors that are slotted, drilled and slotted or just drilled and Ive also heard about the drilled rotors cracking, I guess my goul is to dissipate as much heat as possile can someone give me a heads up? Also a small note the thrust pushings are in good shape. THANK YOU!
    I had this problem too until last week when Jon K. replaced my rotors, pads, and thrust arms (I added springs just for the heck of it). No more problems at ALL! I did get the drilled/sloted rotors. They are nice!

Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Slotted rotors will eat up your pads. I have brembo rotors drilled with PBR semi-ceramic pads. Excellent combo, low dust, very efficient. Just did 45000 km on one set of pads and the rotors are still fine.

Jeff
    I prefer to be misunderstood rather than having to explain myself all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Montreal525
    Slotted rotors will eat up your pads. I have brembo rotors drilled with PBR semi-ceramic pads. Excellent combo, low dust, very efficient. Just did 45000 km on one set of pads and the rotors are still fine.

Jeff
    Question,

Aren't ceramic/semi-ceramic pads supposed to last longer anyways?
    Rondell 58's|Eibach Springs|B&B Tri-Flow Exhaust|Shadowline|S/D Rotors|KYB Struts

Quote Originally Posted by saj3n
    Question,

Aren't ceramic/semi-ceramic pads supposed to last longer anyways?
    yes, ceramic pads are supposed to last longer than regular pads. Did you get those pic's uploaded of your car w/ the new suspension yet?? I'm dieing to see what it looks like.

Oh ok... Good.. :-D

Yea! I sure do have those pics! (1 is new signature...) I just snapped a few while driving today. I'm gonna put a comparison picture up too.

Yea! I sure do have those pics! (1 is new signature...) I just snapped a few while driving today. I'm gonna put a comparison picture up too.
    The ceramic pads are supposed to last MUCH longer than OEM or other regular pads from what I have read. Much less dust also. I just installed Raybestos ceramics a few weeks ago and they seem pretty good. Brake dust has been cut by a good 80% also.

where are the pictures?!?!?!?!?!

I have ceramic pads and drilled Brembos. noticed an improvement in stopping. a lot of brake dust though
    Last edited by angrypancake; 06-04-2006 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by angrypancake
    where are the pictures?!?!?!?!?!
    I know, I'm going insane. I want to see them too lol.

bimmer.info is like crack to me. just gotta have it!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    You're my hero.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast