GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Top Tier Gas" - BMW Recommended Gas Companies???

Default "Top Tier Gas" - BMW Recommended Gas Companies???

taken from e46fanatics

BMW has released a list of Top Tier Gas companies with "better" fuel, that will make your car run better!
    Has anyone seen this yet?

http://www.toptiergas.com/
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

they shoulda done that in about 1993/4
    Gone but not forgotten

I havent ever seen that but These companies have been saying this for a while

"Currently, many gasoline retailers provide fuels with lower-quality additive packages that can build up deposits on fuel injectors and on intake valves."

Same techron, v-power slogan. Thats why u always see a shell station next to an AMPM, one has cheap gas and one has good gas. right.

letter from BMW
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ^°^ ><((({º>°°

Aways use top tier gas 93 octane almost all the time. I use BP 93 when I cannot find Chevron or Shell. I also often add Fp60 or Lucas upper cyliner lubricants. I think I notice a slightly smoother engine.
    Thanks,

1995 525i Auto, M50TU 2.5L, EAT chip, 1/95 build, USA, 205/65/15 tires, ASC+T, HID, lumbar, EC Mirror, BMW Alpine 5 radio with BMW-Pioneer CD Changer, abt 236k miles, Oxford Green/Parchment

Quote Originally Posted by Russell
    Aways use top tier gas 93 octane almost all the time. I use BP 93 when I cannot find Chevron or Shell. I also often add Fp60 or Lucas upper cyliner lubricants. I think I notice a slightly smoother engine.
    I also use "top tier" gasoline. I have never filled my tank with anything other than Shell plus-grade or Shell V-power. Another fun factoid: I have filled my tank at only one station for as long as i have had the car.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

absolutly none of them stations exist with the exception of Shell, which is on a corner with rental homes and apartments so the average cost per gallon is always at least 15 cents per gallon higher then anything else. I use Mobil 93 octane and once used their 89 octane when premiul wasnt available and got 2 MPG higher and no pinging or detonation...havent experimented with it since tho. I do wonder if it works better in my car though.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Good post! I always use Chrevon or now even Texaco. After I had problems with carbon buildup and other deposits in my Chrysler fuel system. Now, I would only use Top Tier gasoline retailers, and I have been trying to convince my dad to switch away from the cut-rate stations as well.

Another good tip that was passed down to me was not to fill up when a refueling truck is there...it stirs up the dirt at the bottom of the tanks. Better to keep that junk out of your car.
    1995/BMW/540ia/mfr 09/94

Hmmm... only gas available around my way is Sunoco, BP (which is slowly disappearing for some reason), Sheetz, whatever Giant Eagle sells and I think that is about it within 30 minutes of my house. Sunoco is the best I can get, so that is what I use.

actually BP is good stuff, its refined in Canadia and thats supposed to be from the alaska and canadia crude that the US cant refine (cause they are retarded and artificially keep the costs high)

Quote Originally Posted by uflnuceng
    Hmmm... only gas available around my way is Sunoco, BP (which is slowly disappearing for some reason), Sheetz, whatever Giant Eagle sells and I think that is about it within 30 minutes of my house. Sunoco is the best I can get, so that is what I use.
    95 E34 530I V2.37
    ===========
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast