Hello everyone ,

I own a 95' 525i with around 140k miles on it. My bmw was previously owned by a yuppie residing in beverly hills. All his woe's with the car he didnt deal with himself but instead took to his local mercedes mechanic. I've been rudely awakened that everything on my bmw has been there since 95'. What I mean to say is, that regular maintenance like oil changes and brake pads etc have not been serviced.
Today was one of the first "summer" days in Los Angeles , it must've been at least 90 degrees and as a result I was using my A/C. I encountered the following problems:
1) When using the A/C , the engine loses a significant amount of power. acceleration is lagged severly. is this normal?
2) The air that comes through my vents isnt very cold and i would expect it to be colder. the air that comes through seems to be choked or clogged. is this normal?
3) The large vent located on the drivers side adjacent to the brake and acceleration pedals expells heat when the A/C is turned on the more i accelerate the more intense the heat expelled grows. as well as over the instrument cluster near the location of the small speaker on the drivers side. around this area there is also a considerable amount of heat expelled.
4) And finally in general even when i'm not using my A/C on fairly cold or lukewarm days the cabin becomes stuffy. I had the same issue w/ my Pugeot, all the heat of the engine exits into the cabin.

Any suggestions or advice on amending these issues would be greatly appreciated.
thanks for your time guys and gals.