GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a cargo net strung up in their trunk ?

Default Anyone have a cargo net strung up in their trunk ?

I always seem to have crap rolling around back there - curious how some have hooked up a cargo net.
    Derek A.
    90 535i 5 Speed - Style 5 17"

Cargo Net??????

bilstin HDs, eiback prokit, K&N instert, DEPO fogs, sound system, zimmerman rotors, metal master

You don't have the bungie straps in the trunk? I never noticed if all e34's had them or not.

Default i found 2 more mounts for the net.........

i knew there was 4 on the floor of the trunk, but when i was looking for the nuts on the bottom of the deck for my new tether mount i found 2 more mounts for the cargo net.
    last i saw the dealer wanted more than $50.00 for the net.
    tim s.

I have my net but dont know how to hook it up right

Corey Horton
    1992 BMW 535i

Default Apart from the 2 rubber straps which really help ...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek A.
    I always seem to have crap rolling around back there - curious how some have hooked up a cargo net.
    keep boxes and pressies from sliding around in the boot, I'd recommend you get one of those cheap foldable plastic storage boxes to keep all your smaller loose bits and pieces in (ever tried to keep small things in a cargo net?). A box is excellent for putting your odd plastic bag of shopping in too compared to hearing your goodies rolling all over the place while you're driving and then having to put everything back in the bag when you get home.

Cheers,

Mas

95-525i manual rhd black

Confucius says, "War does not determine who's right. War determine who's left"

Quote Originally Posted by Mas (UK)
    keep boxes and pressies from sliding around in the boot, I'd recommend you get one of those cheap foldable plastic storage boxes to keep all your smaller loose bits and pieces in (ever tried to keep small things in a cargo net?). A box is excellent for putting your odd plastic bag of shopping in too compared to hearing your goodies rolling all over the place while you're driving and then having to put everything back in the bag when you get home.

Cheers,

Mas
    I have never seen a foldable plastic storage box, and whats a "pressie"? Maybe derek knows what youre talking about, but i think theres a good chance he doesnt.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Awakening an old thread. I don't have a cargo net in my car, and would like to ask if anyone knows where I can get one on the cheap or what kind of alternatives you use to keep stuff from rolling around. I bring this up because a nearly full bottle of washer fluid opened up in the trunk this weekend and made everything inside a little messy--- I can think of many worse things that could have made a much bigger mess, but it did drive home a point.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua43214
    You don't have the bungie straps in the trunk? I never noticed if all e34's had them or not.
    I have the bungie straps and mounts on the trunk carpet. The trunk carpet over the spare wheel is more of a flat hard board. Over the carpet are four (corners of a square) holds that I hook the bungie straps into. I have a plastic milk carton thingy (about 10"x10"x10") that has the bungie straps wrapped through and locked onto the trunk carpet. Its centered and doen't move a budge. Perfect for a baseball glove, soccer ball, spare maps and a small socket set and the bentley for road trips.

Present: Black 1995 525i | Past: Red 1989 535i; Black 1985 535i

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    I have never seen a foldable plastic storage box, and whats a "pressie"?
    "Pressie" = a present, i.e., a gift box.

I've seen foldable plastic storage boxes for sale at LIDL.

1997 535i V8
    5spd, OBC, A/C, cruise, BMW phone, factory M-Tech wheel & suspension, 18" Alpinas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast