GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant

Thread: **THE E34 RANT** Love Hurts...

Default **THE E34 RANT** Love Hurts...

I didn't want to start a thread all about my somewhat minor issues, so I decided that I'd start a rant topic, as a kinda free-for-all "venting place" for all those having 'issues' with our mechanical mistresses!!

Please feel free to add to this when you have the need. (Maybe it could even be a 'sticky' so its easy for us to find in our times of despair??)

OK, So...

Some of you will know I'm at uni... I haven't been to school in 10 years, and was never much of a scholar when I was there. So I'm doing it tough. Never did I think that homework would be so demanding and stressful!! I am also working selling mobile phones one day per week, which is a little extra money. Tho barely enough to make an impact...

I used to work quite big hours and get quite reasonable income, which fed my desired lifestyle, and fed my addiction to the E34. Now I'm at uni, money is non-existent, and I struggle to do anything but pay the bills!!

One of my favourite stress-relief mechanisms is going out for a bit of a drive (sometimes a nice cruise in the E34, sometimes an insane blast in something a little smaller, stiffer, and more sporty)...

Currently both my cars are stuffed. My '76 Corolla wagon (not real fast, but good in the twisty stuff and stops on a dime) had a mishap with a deer, and is awaiting the verdict on whether she'll be repaired. Of course, this requires money...

The E34 needs insurance and spark-plug leads. It drives, but only on 5 cylinders and that IS NOT good!! I want to keep the kilometres low on her, and eventually return her to pristine condition, so driving it daily isn't really an option. Hence I need the Corolla.

With the corolla broken, I occasionally have to use the BMW to get to places. Not long drives... Just 'down to the shops' type stuff. It runs like ****, idles like ****, goes like ****, sounds like ****... And that makes me feel like ****!!
    Last time I drove it, I got a ****ing parking ticket (went to my workplace to send my defective 5 month old Sony Ericsson mobile away for repairs). This afternoon, I went back to collect my mobile phone from repairs (they didn't do anything to it coz it has a small amount of water damage, and they won't repair water-damaged phones), and on the way home, I bumped yet ANOTHER curb (I love the E34 so much that I steer clear or un-even/rough road, go slow over gravel, driveways and speed bumps.... Then I hit a ****ing curb!!! The Irony of looking after your car), and scraped the **** outta one of my rims!! Bit of a bugger, not a big deal...

EXCEPT when it is combined with having no money, one smashed car, one beautiful car that doesn't go properly, and is also uninsured (knowning my luck I'll crash it), plus all the stress from uni and stuff... I CAN'T HANDLE THIS ANYMORE!!!

A bank loan will fix everything, but I can't even get a loan approved to fix it all!! I need to buy more music for DJing too, and some new headphones (my current ones broke last week), so I can get some work DJing, so I can get money.... This is ****!!! Its impossible!!

What have I done to deserve this. I even contemplated selling the E34, which would break my heart, and I'd probably only get $8-10k AUD for it coz of plug-leads and the like, and I could scrap the crashed Corolla, but its a cheap repairer....

Sorry for the rant, I guess its just all built up here with exams coming on, and the thought of failing, and fighting/noisy flatmates!! I cant get away for a drive, coz both cars are ****ed (and the one I borrowed has **** its clutch since Ive had it!!!), and I cant even put on some tunes and listen to them coz my only headphones are broken!! All these things that need fixing and I can't seem to get enough money to pay bills let alone fix cars and stuff!!

End of Rant.... This is NOT fun!!

Can anyone lend me $4000 AUD on a low interest loan??

Gone but NEVER forgotten. :'(

And then...

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Hay
    I didn't want to start a thread all about my somewhat minor issues, so I decided that I'd start a rant topic, as a kinda free-for-all "venting place" for all those having 'issues' with our mechanical mistresses!!

Please feel free to add to this when you have the need. (Maybe it could even be a 'sticky' so its easy for us to find in our times of despair??)

OK, So...

Some of you will know I'm at uni... I haven't been to school in 10 years, and was never much of a scholar when I was there. So I'm doing it tough. Never did I think that homework would be so demanding and stressful!! I am also working selling mobile phones one day per week, which is a little extra money. Tho barely enough to make an impact...

I used to work quite big hours and get quite reasonable income, which fed my desired lifestyle, and fed my addiction to the E34. Now I'm at uni, money is non-existent, and I struggle to do anything but pay the bills!!

One of my favourite stress-relief mechanisms is going out for a bit of a drive (sometimes a nice cruise in the E34, sometimes an insane blast in something a little smaller, stiffer, and more sporty)...

Currently both my cars are stuffed. My '76 Corolla wagon (not real fast, but good in the twisty stuff and stops on a dime) had a mishap with a deer, and is awaiting the verdict on whether she'll be repaired. Of course, this requires money...

The E34 needs insurance and spark-plug leads. It drives, but only on 5 cylinders and that IS NOT good!! I want to keep the kilometres low on her, and eventually return her to pristine condition, so driving it daily isn't really an option. Hence I need the Corolla.

With the corolla broken, I occasionally have to use the BMW to get to places. Not long drives... Just 'down to the shops' type stuff. It runs like ****, idles like ****, goes like ****, sounds like ****... And that makes me feel like ****!!
    Last time I drove it, I got a ****ing parking ticket (went to my workplace to send my defective 5 month old Sony Ericsson mobile away for repairs). This afternoon, I went back to collect my mobile phone from repairs (they didn't do anything to it coz it has a small amount of water damage, and they won't repair water-damaged phones), and on the way home, I bumped yet ANOTHER curb (I love the E34 so much that I steer clear or un-even/rough road, go slow over gravel, driveways and speed bumps.... Then I hit a ****ing curb!!! The Irony of looking after your car), and scraped the **** outta one of my rims!! Bit of a bugger, not a big deal...

EXCEPT when it is combined with having no money, one smashed car, one beautiful car that doesn't go properly, and is also uninsured (knowning my luck I'll crash it), plus all the stress from uni and stuff... I CAN'T HANDLE THIS ANYMORE!!!

A bank loan will fix everything, but I can't even get a loan approved to fix it all!! I need to buy more music for DJing too, and some new headphones (my current ones broke last week), so I can get some work DJing, so I can get money.... This is ****!!! Its impossible!!

What have I done to deserve this. I even contemplated selling the E34, which would break my heart, and I'd probably only get $8-10k AUD for it coz of plug-leads and the like, and I could scrap the crashed Corolla, but its a cheap repairer....

Sorry for the rant, I guess its just all built up here with exams coming on, and the thought of failing, and fighting/noisy flatmates!! I cant get away for a drive, coz both cars are ****ed (and the one I borrowed has **** its clutch since Ive had it!!!), and I cant even put on some tunes and listen to them coz my only headphones are broken!! All these things that need fixing and I can't seem to get enough money to pay bills let alone fix cars and stuff!!

End of Rant.... This is NOT fun!!

Can anyone lend me $4000 AUD on a low interest loan??
    What are you studying?

deleted air conditioning

**** bru, that a real shame you're having so much trouble. Don't you worry, keep your chin up and solder on. Don't just give up. Everything will sort it self out. Keep the E34, she's worth the time, effort and money. Trust me I was going to sell mine, can't bring myself to do it. She got me to work just find this morning.

I hope all works out with you, Nick.

Good luck.
    Car: BMW 525iA.
    Engine: M20.
    Trans: Auto.
    Year: 1990.

Batchelor of Business.

Economics, Accounting, Info Systems, and Management this semester. Plus doing a refresher course in mathematics (which is NOT a forte of mine)

Sorry Guys and Girls... Just seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel right now, and no matter what I do, I just can't seem to make any forward progress in any department of my life!! Its very very dis-heartening!!

And then...

Default Well if this is for rants...

In my country, driving a black e34 makes you a suspect driver apparently.

This morning a police car was tailgating me on the highway to work. They were really following me around until they flashed their lights and pulled me over.

When I stopped the car one of them walked up to me and asked me if I speak the local language first (yes), then proceeded to ask me if I'd ever been in trouble with the law (no) and eventually asked for all documents, to get out of the car for a good old-fashioned pat-down.
    Right then, they tell me my car is reported stolen.
    I'm like: WTF?
    They tell me that they would have to impound the car untill everything'd be settled, so I'm told to just follow them back to the policestation.
    On the way to the policestation, after like 15 mins, they pull over at a gas station and step out towards me. I'd been following them all the way there and was really getting worried when the other policeman walked up to me to tell me he was extremely sorry and that there'd been a mistake:
    The stolen car was Swedish and was the same model with the same plate, only Swedish.
    I got to work late because of it, but the scariest thing of all was having my baby impounded!

it can be hard at times. Ask your gf for a loan. I don't really have anything else to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick.Hay
    Batchelor of Business.

Economics, Accounting, Info Systems, and Management this semester. Plus doing a refresher course in mathematics (which is NOT a forte of mine)

Sorry Guys and Girls... Just seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel right now, and no matter what I do, I just can't seem to make any forward progress in any department of my life!! Its very very dis-heartening!!
    I feel for you, but I also think you might be trying to pull too much off all at once.
    Could your parents help you out?
    Anyway, if you're going to follow through on your studies, career opportunities will open up, so I guess light is at the end of the tunnel but just a long way off or you're looking in the wrong direction?
    Hope you make it so you can keep that very nice ride.

Nick, sell the Carolla.
    Use $$ to fix E34.
    E30 318iS & BMW K1200LT

Quote Originally Posted by Morgenster
    I feel for you, but I also think you might be trying to pull too much off all at once.
    Could your parents help you out?
    Anyway, if you're going to follow through on your studies, career opportunities will open up, so I guess light is at the end of the tunnel but just a long way off or you're looking in the wrong direction?
    Hope you make it so you can keep that very nice ride.
    oh there is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel, i found uni extremely frustrating especially the last year where i realised the idiocy of some of the people in the department that i studied in. but i have finished and i must say, this is what i want to do and i get paid well. i get to drive 80 km on the freeway to work everyday in my german workhorse. i guess alot of times attitude counts, i have some bad weeks where i think my job is ****, but i recognise now that they are just bad weeks and i don't let them stress me out too much.
    as for the car.... there will be a way. we didn't all drive BMWs all of our lives perhaps you need to consider what your short term priorities are, perhaps you can get a loan using the bmw as security

Germans: Why can't they make everything?

I'd only get about $50 for the rolla as it is...

If I had a girlfriend... I'd probably be less stressed!! (Or maybe more??)

Even the E34, with $17,500 agreed value isn't enough for security!!

I dunno... It'll get sorted eventually, I hope.

And then...