GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda Rulez...

Default Honda Rulez...

So today I was racing my 525iA against a modded Cooper S and a riced out H22B Accord. We were racing up a 12% grade(about 1/2 mile). For those that don't know grade percents that's approx. 45º up hill. As we were racing the Cooper was smashing my poor e34. But, I was eating up the Honda. About half way up the hill, I start to smell burning oil, go "OH ****", and let off the gas thinking that I blew something up. I then look behind me and see a huge cloud of blue smoke coming from the exhaust of the Honda... HAHAHA, and I gun it! I later catch up with the Cooper to find out he's pushing just shy of 400WHP thanks to the inter cooled, twin turbo setup... The Honda never made it up the hill... It's entertaining how the driver that talks all the **** is the one that blows there motor. I keep getting told how this M20 is not enough to power this heavy e34, it may not be a 4 liter V8, but it's adequate.

'IN BMW WE TRUST'
    Josh

1990 BMW 525iA
    2000 Toyota Corolla CE
    2007 Toyota Echo

The M20 will get you there, but don't expect much more

1992 525i 5 speed (Calypso/Parchment) - 1989 525iA (Schwartz/Natur) SOLD

Yeah, I'd love to own a 540i but it's just out of my price range. The 525i on the other hand is actually quite affordable.
    Josh

1990 BMW 525iA
    2000 Toyota Corolla CE
    2007 Toyota Echo

Great story, quite a powerfull Cooper.

I'm interested in your math and must ask how you get 45 degrees out of 12%. To my knowledge, 45 degrees is a 100% slope. All % slopes are derived from a 1 / 1 rise over run ratio which = a 45 degree angle, and are simply a % of that 1 / 1. So a 1 / 3 slope angle would equate to @ 33% (still frigging steep as ****). Therefore, the 12% slope you raced up, would be @ 1 / 8 ratio. Not many standard vehicles could even move on a 45 degree slope.

Sorry for trying to be a slope nerd. I design forestry roadfs and we speak in % slope almost exclusively. Feel free to correct my math

Dave M

10/90 Build 525im, 630,000+km, Eibach/Sachs, Engine Rebuild
    *RIP Oskar the DOG *

I raced a Honda a few weeks ago. It had an almost stock look, no big ricer additions, except a small tastfully done spoiler. We start, and he is keeping up better than expected, I can hear turbo whine, so I know he is modified, so I drop my car into S4 and pull just ahead of him, suddenly he flys by me like I was not moving. Just have to love folks with sleeper cars and nitrouse installed.

TheEndisNear - still curious about supercharger?

Default I like your math Dave....

also applicable to roofs

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M
    Great story, quite a powerfull Cooper.

I'm interested in your math and must ask how you get 45 degrees out of 12%. To my knowledge, 45 degrees is a 100% slope. All % slopes are derived from a 1 / 1 rise over run ratio which = a 45 degree angle, and are simply a % of that 1 / 1. So a 1 / 3 slope angle would equate to @ 33% (still frigging steep as ****). Therefore, the 12% slope you raced up, would be @ 1 / 8 ratio. Not many standard vehicles could even move on a 45 degree slope.

Sorry for trying to be a slope nerd. I design forestry roadfs and we speak in % slope almost exclusively. Feel free to correct my math

Dave M

Dave M you should have designed the driveway that leads to my house, because it's definitely one to scare the crap out of you in the rain w/ wet leaves.

I raced a new black corvette once. I lost.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    I raced a new black corvette once. I lost.
    You´re slow.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast