GO FISHING, use SLABSAUCE Fishing Attractant
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got resonator removed today

Default got resonator removed today

Hey Well I got a heartge exhaust off of my buddy and wans't happy with its sound (wasn't loud enough) so he told me that i should get my resonator taken out, so today i went down to the exhaust shop and for 80 bux they cut and rewelded new pipes from heartge to the back of the cats. It turnd out amazing and the sound is... Perfact! Ill post a exhaust vid later.

Nice pyro

Hmm...what if i took the resonator out but kept the stock muffler?
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

Quote Originally Posted by Alexlind123
    Hmm...what if i took the resonator out but kept the stock muffler?

It would definitely be louder, both inside and out. Whether the note pleases you, there is only one way to tell. I actually loved the way our prior 525 sounded. The resonator was not off but the exhaust must have been trashed somewhere. It sounded like a Harley. I could hear my husband a block away and the note was sweet. The resonator is designed to reduce noise in the passenger compartment so be prepared if you take it off.
    Dinan chip, Bilstein sports w H&R, RD sways, RD strut brace, 750 bushings, Zimmermans/MetalMasters, O.E. M Pars, Eisenmann muffler

its actully almost no different inside. When you have the window rolld down its defanatly louder, And yes the note is completely different and i LOVE it. its defanatly louder outside though! Ill post an exhaust vid later!

so jon hows your triple valved hyperrod treatin yah?

I would be afraid of cabin resonance without a resonator.
    Lowered with blue h&r(?) springs, Bilsteins, tint, 19# design 3 injectors, Dual Magnaflow
    southwest WA

I've been wanting to do that for a while. There's a shop here (Dan Fast Mufflers), that says they do it all the time. I'll do it as soon as money gets a little less tight. I am curious if it effects your gas mileage at all, keep us updated.
    Josh

1990 BMW 525iA
    2000 Toyota Corolla CE
    2007 Toyota Echo

My mech says I need a new resonator, the guts are shot. ( I think the PO may have had it gutted?) I love the sound, very deep note, not obnoxious in the cabin, tunes drown it out easily. My gf says she can always tell when I'm coming around the corner, the sound is unique even to her ears.
    No leaks or corrosion on the rest of the system, very solid original equipment. Just put new o2 sensor in last year so unless it falls off, I'll leave it as is.
    Still get good mileage too.

When i swapped my rear muffler with a sport one, i had to drive back and forth to my local indy some times to get the right clamps and such. I then drove without a rearmuffler at all. The sound was in fact umbelievable. the cabin resonanse when i hit 3500 rpm was breathtaking (litteraly) It felt like the cabin air was sucked out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast